BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
PDXE82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 2013 135i PPK/PE/Dinan S2

Carly fault codes, fuel pump on the way out?

On the way home from work this afternoon I had the "Engine Malfunction" warning come up. Warning said there was a malfunction in the engine and power has been reduced. Possible to continue. Drive with caution. Pulled over, shut the car down and restarted a couple minutes later and the warning was gone but the "service engine soon" light is lit in the dash.

Got home and pulled the codes in Carly but I can't find any of the codes in a search here. Does Carly use a different set of codes? Here is a cut and paste of the code report.

Motor Control:
Engine / Motor
Mixture Control: mixture too lean
Code: 002BC0
Rail pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too high before engine start
Code: 002BF4
Mixture Control: mixture too lean, large deviation
Code: 002BEA

Is this one of the fuel pumps dying on me? I thought the '13 model year had this problem pretty much solved but maybe not? I have an appointment for the 10th of August at the dealer to check it out. Any issues with driving the car till then? Really glad I purchased that extended warranty when I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
X5_montrealer
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 M-package

Any follow up information for us...? I have an x5 n55 with the first two codes that you have there. I scanned it because it stalled while idling in Park.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
PDXE82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 2013 135i PPK/PE/Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_montrealer View Post
Any follow up information for us...? I have an x5 n55 with the first two codes that you have there. I scanned it because it stalled while idling in Park.

Thanks.
None that I can give. Dealer couldn't find any issues and the codes and problem have never come back.
Appreciate 0