BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
BMWJS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Dinan stage 2 software increases turbo boost and bumps the car's max to 378 hp and 415 lb-ft. Is that a good thing or not?? Here's why I ask.....

I continue to search for a used 1M and found one available through a BMW dealership with less than 14,000 miles for approximately $58,000 and put down a deposit. I haven't seen the car in person b/c it's a 5 hour drive away but the car fax looks good and the sales associate tells me all good things. I looked up the previous owner and called him. He described the car exactly as the dealership did and seemed very genuine. He has nothing to loose at this point. He went on about how great the car is and eventually mentioned "Did they tell you about the Dinan software on the car?". The dealer did not tell me. They have since said, "Oh yeah, I think he did say something about that". My question...do I move forward on the deal??? The previous owner is an enthusiast but he never tracked the car; drove it in a spirited fashion at times but was not abusive. I drive the same. Does the Dinan software put too much wear on the car over 10,000 miles? Will it ever? Or, is it just added fun?

Last edited by BMWJS; 01-19-2014 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJS View Post
Dinan stage 2 software increases turbo boost and bumps the car's max to 378 hp and 415 lb-ft. Is that a good thing or not?? Here's why I ask.....

I continue to search for a used 1M and found one available through a BMW dealership with less than 14,000 miles for approximately $58,000 and put down a deposit. I haven't seen the car in person b/c it's a 5 hour drive away but the car fax looks good and the sales associate tells me all good things. I looked up the previous owner and called him. He described the car exactly as the dealership did and seemed very genuine. He has nothing to loose at this point. He went on about how great the car is and eventually mentioned "Did they tell you about the Dinan software on the car?". The dealer did not tell me. They have since said, "Oh yeah, I think he did say something about that". My question...do I move forward on the deal??? The previous owner is an enthusiast but he never tracked the car; drove it in a spirited fashion at times but was not abusive. I drive the same. Does the Dinan software put too much wear on the car over 10,000 miles? Will it ever? Or, is it just added fun?
Dinan tunes are pretty conservative and dinan will match factory warranty so that should give you peace of mind. From memory though, isnt stage 2 meant to have a couple of other supporting mods?
*EDIT* just checked. Stage 2 is fine. Supporting mods for stage 3.

Last edited by Curare86; 01-19-2014 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
ZIPNBYE
Let's save military ranks for those who earn it!
Canada
Rep
Drives: ...on the Ragged Edge

Garage List
Go for it! Nice bonus on the car.
2011 BMW 1-series M Coupe (#205/220) -- Valencia Orange (sold)
2009 BMW 135i M-Sport Coupe -- Space Grey (sold)
Appreciate 0