BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #23
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Great story thank you.

I was in similar situation. It took an act of faith and immense trust on BMW to buy this car sight unseen. BMW brand would have been hurt if they didnt deliver on this one. Test drive? No way! Not sure many even saw the car first. I was adamant about ED and MSRP, no higher.

I gave up, M3Adjuster to the rescue. Did ED Sept 2011 because of him. He has earned massive karma credit!

Fear not though, Germany is not going anywhere, ED program is robust, BMW M will always have a kickass car on the horizon (looking forward to the M2)

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ASPP 135i Cab, E90 M3, M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyratOne View Post
Great story thank you.

I was in similar situation. It took an act of faith and immense trust on BMW to buy this car sight unseen. BMW brand would have been hurt if they didnt deliver on this one. Test drive? No way! Not sure many even saw the car first. I was adamant about ED and MSRP, no higher.

I gave up, M3Adjuster to the rescue. Did ED Sept 2011 because of him. He has earned massive karma credit!

Fear not though, Germany is not going anywhere, ED program is robust, BMW M will always have a kickass car on the horizon (looking forward to the M2)
If we were on facebook right now I would "LIKE" this response

I ordered on Jan 3rd and didn't see the car in person until the Detroit Autoshow in Feb - lol
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

^ I understand completely.

I finally ordered in April, didn't see a single 1M in the flesh until my pickup in Munich in Sept! Talk about anticipation.

I suspect the M2 will have all the fun driving characteristics of the 1M, may be better, who knows. No limited production and hence no markups. AND, M division has "had time" to develop the M2 fully- which the 1M didn't (see incomplete side venting, no CF roof, borrowed engine, etc).

You may have lucked out. Damn, now I want M2!

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
borabora
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1 M

Its just the 1M has a stance and look that really appeals to my eye and thats before its amazing on road and track ability![/QUOTE]

I think after seeing a 1M , you will find something's wrong with a 135i ...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #27
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Anyone know any launch dates here in CA/NA for the M2?

I'm not sure its going to be as raw as the 1M. Perhaps a halfway house between current 1M & M3 variants....
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #28
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyratOne View Post
^ I understand completely.

I finally ordered in April, didn't see a single 1M in the flesh until my pickup in Munich in Sept! Talk about anticipation.

I suspect the M2 will have all the fun driving characteristics of the 1M, may be better, who knows. No limited production and hence no markups. AND, M division has "had time" to develop the M2 fully- which the 1M didn't (see incomplete side venting, no CF roof, borrowed engine, etc).

You may have lucked out. Damn, now I want M2!
i think the m2 has potential for sure. i certainly hope it is eventually offered in some sort of 4 door varient as that would be a great DD for me at that time as i will be a little older then.

however, i am concerned about the electric power steering. i have experience with this in a few newer cars and really disliked it. i prefer the heavy balanced feel of well executed hydraulic steering.

i hope they can figure it out on the new m cars.
      01-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #29
john08135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M Sport, 2010 bmw S1000RR

I was the first one to reserve the M way early in Orlando.. but then we got pregnant..
needless to say i never got my 1M..
And when they accounced it was a 1 yr only car i really felt i should of gotten one.
      01-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #30
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

....hopefully this regret can be overcome soon, with an F80 M3

Someday soon anyway!!
Appreciate 0