BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
magiik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E82 135i, '21 G01 X3 M40i

Bavarian Technic - Reset Service Light - CBS

I have a 2009 E82 135i, and I bought the Bavarian Technic tool/cable and have been trying to figure out what condition is tripping the CBS. I have the service light in the dash with the X amount of miles till service.

I connected the tool and went to the condition based service option in the menu, but it doesn't show engine oil or front/rear brakes. It shows "vehicle check", "brake fluid", and "vehicle inspection". The screenshot attached shows what I see.

I tried the short fault test that went through all the modules and checked for faults, and there were just some random ones about hardware I didn't have, like heated side views and radio ( sat? ) antennae. Nothing about oil or brakes or anything else like I was expecting to trip the service indicator...

some more pics of the BT process @ http://minus.com/mxiqey7FJpku3

I'm just getting off of that free dealer maintenance and I'm going to try to service this thing myself and I guess if I ever want to get rid of the dash warnings I should probably just reset it in the computer...

Anyone ever get this tool working to reset or check on condition based service on their 1er?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
magiik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E82 135i, '21 G01 X3 M40i

damn... maybe I don't need the tool...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415111

yeah I think this is the solution, I remember getting to these menus before, and when I tried when the light first came up I couldn't get to it, maybe I did hold in the trip reset for 7 seconds and I just don't remember

interesting that the BT tool doesn't show that stuff though, I would expect/hope to be able to get all the info/functionality of the in-car dash menu, especially since I don't have navi with a screen/idrive

you can probably disregard this thread

Last edited by magiik; 01-23-2013 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

wait dont leave yet. Many of use would certianly like to know more about if it is possible with this tool. I have been thinking about this tool for a while but not sure how to instlal it and get it working and connected to the car.