09-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Chachirims
Rated ///M for Mature
Peru
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by widbimmer View Post
Without the idrive option and maybe some other options the price should come to somewhere around 64k. Anyways what matter most is the performance of the car. We can gather up with some other 1M owners over here...
We should definitely meet up, Diegorst wrote me a while back to go to the Chutana some time. He has 2 other friends with 1Ms and I have 2 more.
I went to the M Track Day on June 16th at the Chutana and met a lot of cool people. There were 2 professional drives form BMW US and they took us out in a VO to drift around the track, good times.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
gordosbimmer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by widbimmer
I can afford both systems... no problem but it would help to know if with the borla I would get a better sound for less money... I'm going to use my 1M almost every day and ocassions on track but just for fun nothing pro, so weight saving is not that big of a deal. My problem is that I can't find videos of the borla system to help me make a decision...
if there is no problem with money you should go for AKRA! FTW
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #25
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

I think comparing the Akra with a Borla is like comparing a 128i with the 1M
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
widbimmer
Enlisted Member
Peru
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
I think comparing the Akra with a Borla is like comparing a 128i with the 1M

And to you the Akra is the 128i and the Borla is the 1M??? im just saying cause the way you wrote it makes me think that....
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #27
bimmer ///man
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Go for the Borla. I've hear both, and the Borla sounds fantastic. That is not to say that the Akra doesn't sound great, it just isn't worth the extra money if all you are after is sound. If you are after absolute weight savings then sure, get the Akra.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
widbimmer
Enlisted Member
Peru
Rep

In terms of absolute weight savig i really dont think taking the weight of the back part of the car is the greatest idea because thats were the traction is... So probably the Akra is not necessarily the best option... On the other hand, the akra has the wireless control that can let loose the noise while the borla is always noisy... Its really hard to decide
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #29
gordosbimmer
Rep

Damn man! You ballin! 3 amazing cars changed so fast!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #30
gordosbimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by widbimmer
In terms of absolute weight savig i really dont think taking the weight of the back part of the car is the greatest idea because thats were the traction is... So probably the Akra is not necessarily the best option... On the other hand, the akra has the wireless control that can let loose the noise while the borla is always noisy... Its really hard to decide
Get an SLS AMG
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #31
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

One more video of the Akra+Maddad sound in an underpass in Peru.
What do you think?

09-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #32
widbimmer
Enlisted Member
Peru
Rep

Thanks a lot Diego for the video! Very cool sound and pops at the end!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #33
Chachirims
Rated ///M for Mature
Peru
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
One more video of the Akra+Maddad sound in an underpass in Peru.
What do you think?
'Ta de pinga.
Go Pro FTW
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #34
135IS
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M

Garage List
2009 135i  [7.00]
I would go with the Akra
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #35
TomTom///M
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M / Ferrari 458 Speciale

Akrapovic, always! Had them on 2 GTRs and now on the 1M and it's the best there is! Great sound when you want it and virtually no drone that distinguishes most of the cheaper brands...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachirims View Post
'Ta de pinga.
Go Pro FTW
Hola, amigos de Lima !! Too bad I missed you guys when I was in Peru last year
But to me, the Akra is just too expensive, I think it's a waste of money. At the
same time, I must admit it sounds great. But other brands do the same job for much less. Of course they are not made of titanium, but who cares for gain of 10 kilos ? Better to put your wife on a diet, or fill in with slightly less fuel ...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #37
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy View Post
Hola, amigos de Lima !! Too bad I missed you guys when I was in Peru last year
But to me, the Akra is just too expensive, I think it's a waste of money. At the
same time, I must admit it sounds great. But other brands do the same job for much less. Of course they are not made of titanium, but who cares for gain of 10 kilos ? Better to put your wife on a diet, or fill in with slightly less fuel ...
A note: If I am not wrong the Evolve Race rear exhaust that I have on my car weighs eactly same as the Akra despite the fact that Evolve is stainless steel. Like you say there are almost as good and also as light options which cost a fraction of Akra. Plus, no need to loose any weight at all at the rear end of our 1Ms, on the contrary better not loosing any there, I mean without loosing at other parts of the car too, so effectively changing the front/rear weight balance of the car. So either get a full diet everywhere or just forget about loosing weight from an exhaust mod alone imo.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #38
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

My borla and n55 just get better. It has such bite and growl. If I could justify the price, though, I'd get the full akra evolution. It would have to be all or none though.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #39
1mx6m
Registered
Argentina
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M & X6M

I have just bought the evolution for the 1m and the x6m. But I am getting confused i dind't wanted to buy the wireless controler. What happen if i dont install the wireless kit on the akrapovic of the 1m? would it affect the vehicle or the system?

Hope the akrapovic for the x6m sound goood!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
1mx6m
Registered
Argentina
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M & X6M

Smile akra

I have just bought the evolution for the 1m and the x6m. But I am getting confused i dind't wanted to buy the wireless controler. What happen if i dont install the wireless kit on the akrapovic of the 1m? would it affect the vehicle or the system?

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #41
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mx6m View Post

The wireless controller on the Akra application as far as the 1//M goes, operates just the valves on the end cans. You can certainly opt to not purchase it, it won't affect the vehicle in any way, you will just always be in 'silent' mode.

What many have done is dremel/cut out the blocking plate, so in this case you are always in 'loud' mode. The wireless kit installs valves that give you the flexibility to have either of the two modes as you wish. I think it is priced pretty reasonably especially on a relative basis to what the exhaust cost, so I opted for it. You can always retrofit it later if you choose.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #42
TomTom///M
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M / Ferrari 458 Speciale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
The wireless controller on the Akra application as far as the 1//M goes, operates just the valves on the end cans. You can certainly opt to not purchase it, it won't affect the vehicle in any way, you will just always be in 'silent' mode.

What many have done is dremel/cut out the blocking plate, so in this case you are always in 'loud' mode. The wireless kit installs valves that give you the flexibility to have either of the two modes as you wish. I think it is priced pretty reasonably especially on a relative basis to what the exhaust cost, so I opted for it. You can always retrofit it later if you choose.
The wireless kit is certainly reasonably priced, but since I knew I would drive it with the valves open all the time anyway, I took out the blocking plates and left it just like that... love it! It is still not insanely loud at a constant speed and gives great puffs and burbles when you want it too!
      11-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M View Post
The wireless kit is certainly reasonably priced, but since I knew I would drive it with the valves open all the time anyway, I took out the blocking plates and left it just like that... love it! It is still not insanely loud at a constant speed and gives great puffs and burbles when you want it too!
Agreed, if I had to choose one setting, it would be open. I like having the option to keep it quiet at times, especially when I am in public garages (as it generally ignites car alarms!), or near police and such.

My only peeve with the valve feature is that it works on vacuum, which takes time to build, so when you start the car for the first several seconds it is always loud before vacuum builds to close the valve. There is a Maserati that parks fairly close by, and for some reason that car doesn't like the sound of my car waking up, its alarm goes haywire. Owner must hate me
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #44
MaDoNiOn
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 130i E81

Garage List

Listen thru the vid! When the valve opens it sounds flippen amazing! .

Akrapovic is my fav!

Bmw 135i Convertable White...
Appreciate 0