BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
///M3///M5
Rep
Drives: 11 AW 1M | 13 Toyo Taco

///M3///M5 (re)Introduction | Who Else is in Atlanta?

I don't know how I did not find you guys earlier! I've laid low "on the forums" for the past few years (work has taken over my life), but used to actively post over on bf.c. In prior lives, I have owned a few turbo E36 M3s and an ESTS E36 M3 (still miss that car to this day - Neil, just noticed you poke around here).

Long story short, I sold my last turbo M3 about two years ago and bought a more practical 2013 Tacoma given that I work out of Greenville, SC four days a week (lots of miles) and visit lumbar yards / home supply stores at high frequency between woodworking projects and honey-do's. Soon after purchasing my current house in Atlanta, I started to get the "itch" again. It was even more painful seeing a BSM 1M floating around my neighborhood on the weekends. I kept my composure for the time being (about 4 months total ).

In late August, I was visiting a buddy in LA and had the opportunity to drive his pristine, modded 135i.

[smitten]

On the way to Venice Beach one day, I popped open the AutoTrader app, and as fortune would have it, the first listing was an AW 1M 4 miles from my house in Atlanta (searching for a 135, no less). I thought about calling right then, but decided to give it some time (not really in my DNA). As if the proximity was not serendipitous enough, on the way out of Venice Beach that very same day, an AW 1M trailed us for about 5 miles. I called, negotiated a price, and picked up the car the day I got back (my genome feels better).

I have not looked back since. What a blast! The purchase has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for BMWs, and to my wife's chagrin, I've started the process of rebuilding that long lost ESTS E36 M3.

Enough about my story. I'm also curious who else is in Atlanta with these things. I pretty regularly see a BSM and VO floating around the Morningside / Highlands area.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Congrats on the 1M! I have an AW 1M as well and live about 90 or so miles away from where you are at in north Georgia. There are a few Atlanta 1M owners in addition to yourself on the forum. I am sure some of them will chime in. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
ChrisCote
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Bunch of Atlanta owners including myself. You should hop on atlbimmers if you have a Facebook
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
congratulations!! enjoy the hell out of it!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #5
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

nice story,
i guess it was meant to be mate.
Congrats!