BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
tchelo_rp
Rep
Drives: 1M Black - 11/12

Eisenmann Exhaust - Delete Center Muffler

Hi everyone,

I'm new here...from Brazil...I just have received my eisenmann rear section exhaust and installed it in my brand new black 1M...but I didn't saw so much difference on the noise...and I don't want to put a midpipe, because if I do that, I'll loose my factory warranty, and I don't want that...

So, I want to know, what will happen if I delete the center muffler??Will the noise get louder?But I will loose/gain power, or neither of it?

Thanks for the help...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchelo_rp View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new here...from Brazil...I just have received my eisenmann rear section exhaust and installed it in my brand new black 1M...but I didn't saw so much difference on the noise...and I don't want to put a midpipe, because if I do that, I'll loose my factory warranty, and I don't want that...

So, I want to know, what will happen if I delete the center muffler??Will the noise get louder?But I will loose/gain power, or neither of it?

Thanks for the help...
you are right the 1M Eisenmann isnt very loud which is unusual for them I was disappointed when I first heard it myself. I did fall in love with the sound of the Meisterschaft GT system! If you cut your muffler your car is gonna sound stupid loud, not a nice loud, but a stupid truck loud. if the exhaust wasn't specifically designed as straight pipes like the Meisterschaft was, my guess is it will fall into the stupid loud category if you cut them out...

either return or sell the eisenmann and get the meisterschaft that is my recommedation! cutting it up is probably a bad idea imho
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Did you go with a Race or Sport performance level? The system does need to break in and takes about 1200 miles.
      04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
tchelo_rp
Rep

thanks a lot man...This is what I wanted to know...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
tchelo_rp
Rep

I got the sport perfomance...This is what I'll do...Wait some miles and see...I think it'll get better...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Did you go with a Race or Sport performance level? The system does need to break in and takes about 1200 miles.
Nate is absolutely right. When I first got the Eisenmann Sport I was shocked at how quiet it was. 1,500miles later it really has changed dramatically! I really do love everything about the exhaust sound/construction/look etc., the tips are gorgeous!
      04-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
wkndwrrr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Any one know how much louder the Race gets after the break-in?
I'm about to pull the trigger on exhaust; definitely wouldn't want to spend well over 2k for something just slightly louder than stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great choice Tchelo!!!
Can you post some pics??
Do you think the tips are too short and maybe the pipes can be seen through the difusser??

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

Get the soundpipe perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchelo_rp View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help...

Eisenmann makes a straight pipe called a "soundpipe", maybe you should look that up! I'm waiting for my full eisenmann w soundpipe to arrive in a couple of weeks!

BR

H
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Texas F1
1M Owner
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora 410, BMW 1M, Z4

I also have the Eisenmann cat-back (race). It initially didn't sound much different, but improved with break-in miles. I have a new prototype mid pipe that was installed yesterday, so I will see how the sound level is when I pick it up tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #11
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

I currently have an eisenmann rear race muffler. Mated with a full catless exhaust but still with resonators on the midpipe and sounds very nice.

It is very loud because it is a full exhaust but not crazy loud like a straight through exhaust with the meisterchaft muffler.

If your going to do a full exhaust i prefer going with a muffler and resonators because when throttling it gets very loud.

But then again we all get us to things and i was looking into the miesterchaft because i really could care less about the cops haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #12
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-emm View Post
Eisenmann makes a straight pipe called a "soundpipe", maybe you should look that up! I'm waiting for my full eisenmann w soundpipe to arrive in a couple of weeks!

BR

H
The "soundpipe" is the removing of the secondary cats, midpipe as they say.
I don't think this will cause warranty problems.
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata

Garage List
Something that Ilia@IND said in the "1M Exhaust system database" thread that I thought would be helpful to this discussion (I bolded the relevant parts):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
The OE exhaust system has the same decibel levels as the Eisenmann Sport system. ECE homologation requires that any homologated and approved exhaust system have the same decibel output as the factory exhaust system. Eisenmann's Sport system modifies the sound and tone of the car drastically, but retains the factory volume output making it completely road legal in the US, as well.
Her post can be found here:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=44

So it sounds like you probably shouldn't opt for the the Eisenmann sport exhaust if your goal is to get an exhaust that is louder than stock?
2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0