BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
Judge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Noticeable improvements with new software update

I was on the fence about getting the HPFP replaced as my 08 135i was running fine with the original pump, but I was hearing good things about the software update and all the fuel injectors that needed to be replaced so I took it in.

Before the update, whenever a tire got low on pressure I would get the red symbol and a "LOW TIRE" warning on the display, but I had to figure out which tire it was as I don't have IDRIVE. Now I get an arrow that points to the affected tire. It's nothing major but it's nice to know that the software updates keep our cars current.

Has anybody else noticed this or other improvements, or did their car already have the specific tire warning before the software update?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Yes, not only does the new SW update upgrade the TPMS display but there are also some not so good upgrades as well. Most noteably, more lag less throttle response. You N54 engine also probably idles smoother and quiter now... but I liked my old loud ticking engine ripping POWER better then with BMW's latest SW update. It felt like a 20 to 30 hp loss to my butt. But... the egine did run smoother - and that is what most BMW luxo customers will notice most.

Your DSC has also been changed for the better. Its less intrusive now. There is also a new dash icon when you switch it off. The turn signals also flash when locking and unlocking as well.

You can find some more info here...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...are+update+lag

Personally I found the new SW so bad that it pushed me to get a flash tune to "fix" what BMW upgraded me to. I liked my engine better before BMW had touched it, but you can't go back.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
spfdenhugh
BMWCCA member
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe, Z3 2.8

In mild disagreement, I found that the SW update (plus injector replacement and HPFP updated despite no problems) made my car more responsive to throttle input-both in normal and sport modes (I have the steptronic). I have yet to find a downside to the update...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

This is getting interesting...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yes, not only does the new SW update upgrade the TPMS display but there are also some not so good upgrades as well. Most noteably, more lag less throttle response. You N54 engine also probably idles smoother and quiter now... but I liked my old loud ticking engine ripping POWER better then with BMW's latest SW update. It felt like a 20 to 30 hp loss to my butt. But... the egine did run smoother - and that is what most BMW luxo customers will notice most.

Your DSC has also been changed for the better. Its less intrusive now. There is also a new dash icon when you switch it off. The turn signals also flash when locking and unlocking as well.

You can find some more info here...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...are+update+lag

Personally I found the new SW so bad that it pushed me to get a flash tune to "fix" what BMW upgraded me to. I liked my engine better before BMW had touched it, but you can't go back.
+1 agree on all counts.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
Turbolader
The Fat Stig
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

^^ +2
      06-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Interesting, I got the HPFP replaced and the new software, but my DSC has not changed (indicator or otherwise) I hope the TPMS arrow is there (have not had a low pressure) as that would be an improvement.
Appreciate 0