BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #23
RideThePigGir
Mr. Tinnitus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 BlueWaterMetallic 135 M-cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iam View Post
Congrats on a great looking 1er!

Not sure I understand your man crush on the accessport. After owning an accessport on my Subaru, I really prefer other options for my N54. Especially switching on the fly from 93 to e85 mix tunes
It's mainly due to the well-established nature of its specific tunes and not having to worry about uninstalling any hardware when I bring the car in for service under my extended warranty. Given, it's a solid warranty, I have a good relationship with the service manager at my stealership (they do MB as well as BMW so we have some history)... but as with any BMW/MB/Audi dealer, they can be complete asshats at times about messing with the ECU/ECM.

While they can't really complain much (legitly) about an intake/charge pipe/BOV/oil catch can, I feel like a piggyback ECU might certainly make them hem and haw if I have any problems related to how the engine is running, especially once I make it to the DP stage of upgrades.

Also, if I don't like the tune(s) specific to the AP, they seem to have better resale value than the other options. The only real downside I see is that I'll have to unplug this, which I plan on getting early, to redo tunes, but honestly I don't plan on swapping tunes that much anyway, and if I do, I can just tap the underhood boost line. I'm a tinkerer, but I feel like I'd screw something up with all the on-the-fly options available with a JB4. Although the gauge sweep and CanFlap exhaust valve thing are both incredibly cool =)
Appreciate 0