BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #111
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Humm... I'm thinking about backing out too. The only problem is that I already sent the payment
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #112
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfailur View Post
I'm backing out of this GB pending some sort of resolution on swaybar fitment and/or endlink quality issues that have arisen.

I've used Hotchkis products in the past and they were pretty great. I'm sure they'll get this figured out, but I don't want to worry about parts breaking on my DD at this point.
If you are worried about the end links breaking, you can use the stock ones. They will work fine. The adjustable ones are really only needed if you have coilovers and are corner weight balancing the car. Also, the adjustable ones are tricky to install correctly. I've seen ground-control ones broken several times before if you don't get the alignment just right.

The Hotchkis sway bar is still a great upgrade. If you do use the adjustable end links, just make sure they are adjusted correctly, and have lots of free rotation at static ride height (not jacked up).
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #113
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post
If you are worried about the end links breaking, you can use the stock ones. They will work fine. The adjustable ones are really only needed if you have coilovers and are corner weight balancing the car. Also, the adjustable ones are tricky to install correctly. I've seen ground-control ones broken several times before if you don't get the alignment just right.

The Hotchkis sway bar is still a great upgrade. If you do use the adjustable end links, just make sure they are adjusted correctly, and have lots of free rotation at static ride height (not jacked up).
problem is. some of us have coilovers. Like me. And even though I'll make sure to install the end links well, I'm still not 100% sure whether its the end links that are bad or the installation was incorrect. (referring to the various threads claiming end link issues)
      06-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #114
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
problem is. some of us have coilovers. Like me. And even though I'll make sure to install the end links well, I'm still not 100% sure whether its the end links that are bad or the installation was incorrect. (referring to the various threads claiming end link issues)
The stock end links will still work fine with coilovers. The adjustable ones are only needed if you have coilovers AND you are setting the perch settings different side to side to affect the corner weight on each tire. Very few people spend the time to corner balance the car, and if you do, you likely will need adjustable end links. So if you you aren't putting your car on scales to set the corner weights, and you are worried about the Hotchkis endlinks, I'd still say use the stock ones then.

That's just my $0.02. I'll probably use the Hotchkis ones myself just to see if they work out OK. But if I was worried, I'd just use the stock ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #115
supracg
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

The only problem for me is it seems that the fitment may not be right as the bar may be for the 335, i think its my135 that brought it up but he seems to be having fitment issues with the stock and adjustable endlinks (please correct me if im wrong as i would actually love to buy this once i get some closure)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #116
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

I've been traveling and only just now am catching up on this. I was planning on sending in payment, but given the ambiguity about fitment and end links I'm going to back out of the GB. Sorry to do it, but I'd rather avoid any hassles.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #117
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post

This is very true. If you don't have the links adjusted properly, any link will break from pre-loading. The links must be adjusted with the vehicle at static height.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #118
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by supracg View Post
The only problem for me is it seems that the fitment may not be right as the bar may be for the 335, i think its my135 that brought it up but he seems to be having fitment issues with the stock and adjustable endlinks (please correct me if im wrong as i would actually love to buy this once i get some closure)
Only very few people are having issues with the end-links, without verifying how they were intalled or installed properly, we can't jump the gun at make the blame on them.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #119
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

Seeing as people are backing out, is this GB even gonna happen? How many people are still confirmed for this?

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #120
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

For those who read my Hotchkis/end link issue thread, I am withholding my comments regarding Hotchkis front sway bar.

I did confirm that there are different part numbers for right/left stock end links. It might be very well my fault installed the stock end links on the wrong side.

I am going to re-do it by swaping the stock end links. So, please stay tuned for this.

Thanks.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #121
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

There is no issue with the end links. After I swap the stock end links back to their original left/right side, everything lined up perfect.

It is a great product, no issues (only human error) and I strongly recomended it.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #122
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
There is no issue with the end links. After I swap the stock end links back to their original left/right side, everything lined up perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfailur View Post
I'm backing out of this GB pending some sort of resolution...
Thanks for clearing this up, MY135. I'm back in for the GB, and Harold already has my payment.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #123
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertz View Post
Seeing as people are backing out, is this GB even gonna happen? How many people are still confirmed for this?
10 have confirmed and paid. The deadline to pay is tommrrow, June 30th.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #124
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

This is what the list looks like as of today.

1. derekL - Paid
2. cpt97m3 - paid
3. Frimmelnojerz
4. 135forthewin
5. C4747Z
6. carlosii - Paid shipping to PR
7. Pamlico - Backing out of the GB
8. xXxMLEExXx
9. zamm3k - Paid
10. Upgrade+ - Paid(payment pending)
11. sysfailur - Paid
12.flexxjr
13.Snertz - paid
14.Krugar - Paid
15. Inertiatic - paid
16. Supracg
17. 135i Cabrio - Paid
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #125
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep

Quote:

It is a great product, no issues (only human error) and I strongly recomended it.

Thanks for confirming My135. And it's good advice to check the end links carefully when you install.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #126
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

!!!Tomorrow is the last day to pay for this GB!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #127
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
10 have confirmed and paid. The deadline to pay is tommrrow, June 30th.
Sweet, glad to hear that

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #128
Upgrade+
Good life
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 AW

So, do you mean you put the stock endlinks back on? And does this mean that you incorrectly installed the Hotchkis supplied endlinks and caused them to fail?
Quote:

Current: 08 E90 M3 Alpine White Former: 11 135i Msport Space Gray -Former: 07 335i Titanium Silver E92- Former: 08 135i Alpine White E82- Past: 06 Subaru STI WRB- Past: 04 Audi S4 Imola yellow- Past:97 Honda prelude Ice blue
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #129
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

It was all human error. Nothing wrong with the product.

First I replaced the stock links with the adjustable end links but did not re-adjust the length while the car is on the ground with the wheels on. This error caused the ruber seals broke, grease came out and eventually making noise after 2 ways of hard driving.

Second time I replaced the adjustable end links with the stock links and did not know that they are left/right directional since they almost looks the same to a human eye.

Finally, some one point out different part numbers for left/right end links which trigered me to investigate and swap the end links back to their targeted left/right side; and everything line up perfect.

It is all my fault and did not look careful on the stock end links to see if they are position (up/down) or directional (left/right) sensitive.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #130
Fl0rent
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
!!!Tomorrow is the last day to pay for this GB!!!
One for me !!!!

I can't order on the website because, the shipping is only for US.

How can I do ?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #131
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

any updates? no shipments yet?
      07-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #132
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimmelnojerz View Post
read the top and you'll understand why the stock option is the best compliment.
I will update everyone here in the morning. The last payment cleared today and made the GB valid.

Harold
Appreciate 0