BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
First ALL 135i's have the same size brakes. M package or not.

You can find good prices at any of the site sponsors here on Bimmerport.com

Places like United BMW, Tischer, or the like. ECS has a good deal on Performance rotors right now. Almost half off. Check their website out.
Are those ECS performance rotors the original BMW Performances ?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #24
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Are those ECS performance rotors the original BMW Performances ?
You should ask ECS and not me!

But I belive them to be real BMW Perfomance rotors.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
You should ask ECS and not me!

But I belive them to be real BMW Perfomance rotors.
Shipping cost to Belgium very high. = price of one rotor.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
ChristianReyess
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
you keep asking what everyone thinks and everyone says emphatically cool carbons. get what you like and stop asking what everyone thinks
As I stated above, the price for that is too high (for me), 300+. I would like to stay at the 200ish mark, so I asked the forum for opinion on the "green" versions, to see if anyone has used those before.
So yes, I see that many like the cool carbon, and I would love to buy them, but as of now I am not willing to spend that much.
That being said, Thank you for those who suggested those, In the future I will get those without hesitation, being that I value everyone opinion greatly in the community. Hence why I am here asking and not trusting random reviews that sounds more like advertising on other sites.

Sorry not trying to be rude. just asking about other options that may help others out in the future when they run into the same decisions to make.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I researched cool carbons and honestly didn't like them as much as everyone else seems to. They were good, but I went with ferodo ds2500. Mine are noise free, less dusty, have more linear braking (easy to modulate), and more powerful and capable close to the limit than stock. They're a little more expensive, though: "Front pads: $224.11 Rear pads: $162.82"

Can't really speak about the "green stuff" .. I tried to look up reviews because you piqued my curiosity (I always see them advertised in like... every.. car magazine), and they get good reviews.. however 99% of the reviews are from people with cars less capable than a 300 HP BMW. Owners of everything from Minis to pickups to minivans like them... Over half the owners were truck owners!

When I go through 50 reviews and the only two sporty cars (not sports cars, even, sporty cars) were a mini and a 2000 mustang, I'd say seriously pay another hundred bucks for a good set of pads. Your $40K BMW deserves it. If I saw at least a few more sporty car owners giving them good reviews, I'd say go for it. But... Your life may one day depend on what pads you get, and you should really match the performance of the pad with the performance of your car if you're not asking for trouble... unless you drive like a grandma.

Good luck

Appreciate 0