BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-30-2008, 06:12 AM   #23
bmw233
Aussie Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i coupe

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
sixpack
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i

Have Fun! :smile:

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #25
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I thought that an update would be in order at this point. I came straight from Afghanistan to Global Imports in Atlanta to get the car. I thought the attention there was what you would expect from a big time BMW dealership. I did not buy the car from them but they acted as if I had. At pickup I was instantly surprised at the color (in a good way). I had never seen Monaco blue in person and I can see why it's so difficult to photograph. That first drive was something that I don't think I will ever forget. I waited 6 months to ease out of that parking lot and right then it was worth every second I had a friend come with me and he said I was so excited that he was afraid to bend over in front of me..lol. Since the original pickup all has been well, breaking in a new car is about as fun as seeing the doctor. I was mostly good, but if anyone got through the WHOLE break in without pushing it a little bit you are a better person than me. As soon as break in was over it was about 8 degrees in Kentucky, a long straight and a full on 7K 1-2 shift was enough to convince me to watch myself. The car is still fast but the difference that cold air makes to a turbocharged engine is INCREDIBLE! I have noticed a few things, the rubber floor mats are great and save on dirt getting in the floor, the 09 iDrive was a good choice, it looks much better and less obtrusive than most pictures show. I was glad to see when you turn the iDrive off it actually goes OFF, not that glowing black that you see sometimes. So far my mods have been the GP Thunder 7500's and the the M door sills with more to come (mainly cosmetic and functional, I like the warranty). Not everything is perfect though, the sun visors are too small, the sound when a call comes in is like fingers on a chalkboard to me and I don't have enough time to drive it Pics to follow shortly...
      01-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #26
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Sweeeet Brady! Welcome to the club bro!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #27
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

As promised I have some more pics to post up. I got some shots in of the smartphone integration as well as the old vs new shot. The Eagle will be relegated to the pages of history soon but I never had one second of trouble from that car in 9 years.
Attached Images