BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

After a lot of lurking....I finally ordered it!

Well, I'm finally saying hello to the community that helped me out so much and I'm looking forward to continuing to use the resources here for a long time to come.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I ordered a 135 Coupe (specifics in the signature) for ED this coming June. I absolutely can’t wait! I’m coming from an Acura TSX and I have to say, part of me is going to miss my trusty little buddy. I have 207,000 trouble free miles on my 2004 due to my commute to work so I couldn’t have asked for a better car.

I grew up wanting an M3, but I could never muster the nerve to spend that much on a car, but when the 1 series came along I knew that was the answer for me…especially after I test drove it!

My wife and I have already planned out our itinerary and booked flights. I’m looking for any feedback on things people may have run into that’s not cover on any ED forums regarding any of the places we are going. I’ve read a good majority of the ED stuff I could find on the internet/1addicts, but I feel there is always stuff that isn’t captured somewhere.

First we arrive in Munich, obviously, and spend three days there. Then we are driving to Vienna for a night, then Prague for a three nights. From there we are heading to Berlin for one night then on to Bremen for a night then to Heidelberg for two nights and finally we return to Munich to drop off the car and fly home. One big circle in two weeks time!

I have to preface this with, my wife has been to Bavaria before as she is the first generation of her family to be born here and the rest of her family came from that region. We are the type to move about a lot and quickly…I’m sure you can all see that from the itinerary. Don’t think we have too much planned either We did a California driving vacation from Monterey to Kings Canyon/Sequoia to San Francisco in a week and a half last year and loved it!

I’m looking forward to any suggestions or recommendations if anyone has been to any of these places. And please include any “I wish I would have known that’s”

I’ll be posting tons of pictures when I get back and hope to contribute to the community as opportunity arises!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Congatulations on the purchase! Lurking from Oct 2007 is quite a long time. Are you going to run your TSX into the ground or what?!?!
      03-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

I think we are going to give it to some family. Can you believe that with that much mileage it's still KBBs for $4K??? Crazy!! I would never get that private sale!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

I thought I drove a lot. I have 96,000miles on MY04 S2000. But the value stops decreasing after a while...