BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
drufe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

Garage List
2011 135i Coupe  [1.00]
HELP! Weird noises during Cobb AP install normal???

I'm in the middle of installing my AP and I'm getting a bunch of strange warnings on my iDrive screen about DSC malfunction and transmission malfunction etc. which I'm guessing is normal but what kinda has me worried is the noise my car is making. The sounds is the one you hear when you first open your door after it's sat for a while - I always thought it was the electric fuel pump but it's making that noise continuously and not stopping. Is that normal??? Hopefully someone can help me real quick.

EDIT: Nevermind, false alarm. I remember reading about all the icons flashing in dash during install but I don't recall anyone mentioning the noises the car makes during the process. Scared the crap out of me. It ended up installing perfectly and I can't believe how good the car feels, holy crap! Like a different car now. Now I just need to get a FMIC so I can run aggressive map, although this will last me for a while.

Last edited by drufe; 05-07-2013 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
bmw0bsession
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drufe View Post
I'm in the middle of installing my AP and I'm getting a bunch of strange warnings on my iDrive screen about DSC malfunction and transmission malfunction etc. which I'm guessing is normal but what kinda has me worried is the noise my car is making. The sounds is the one you hear when you first open your door after it's sat for a while - I always thought it was the electric fuel pump but it's making that noise continuously and not stopping. Is that normal??? Hopefully someone can help me real quick.

EDIT: Nevermind, false alarm. I remember reading about all the icons flashing in dash during install but I don't recall anyone mentioning the noises the car makes during the process. Scared the crap out of me. It ended up installing perfectly and I can't believe how good the car feels, holy crap! Like a different car now. Now I just need to get a FMIC so I can run aggressive map, although this will last me for a while.
lol yea, its totally normal! I run a Stage 1+ with FMIC and sometimes Stage 2 with Downpipe on cold days, believe me when you go to those from regular stage 1 on 91 you will be finding excuses to drive it!
BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS DP, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, KW CS Coilover, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, Stage 2 Fuel Pump, M3 Control Arms, Dinan Camber Plates, Pure Stage 2.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

It's not nice the first time you do it but after you've had it a while you end up ignoring the noises and taking mags into the car with you just to pass the time, wishing the damn thing would hurry up (complete uninstall and reinstall) .

I agree with BMW0bsession, Stage 1+ is totally different and I'd say it's almost like going from stock to Stage 1 again (although I imagine Stage 1 to Stage 2+ is more so). Stage 1+ is all the thrills you get when you first tune your car but better. It's smoother and more refined yet much more aggressive and definitely faster both in acceleration and terminal speed measured to a point 1mile away on a recent airstrip run. Stage 1 is really good but by fitting a FMIC the tune seems to bring everythng together much better and I'd say that the acr was happier with it.

Enjoy your tune !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
drufe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

Garage List
2011 135i Coupe  [1.00]
Thanks, guys. I'm glad I brought my laptop with me while I did the install just so I could do a quick search on the strange noises and be able to post the above message to find out if I was going to die sitting in my car. The look on my wife's face though when she saw me just sitting there in my car with it making all this noise was worth it.

Definitely looking forward to the next mods and map upgrades!
2011 135i m-sport dct | cobb ap | berk street axle back | tc kline sa coilovers, swift springs | dinan camber plates | lci blacklines | lux angel eyes | scopione cf front lip and rear diffuser | bmwp cf rear spoiler and side skirts, apex ec-7 18x8.5 et45; 18x9.5 et58 | hankook v12 245/35/18f, 265/35/18r w/5 mm spacers | apex stud conversion kit
coming soon: m3 control arms; er charge pipe; cobb fmic
Appreciate 0