BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Autologic Coding

Does anyone know if it is possibly to do specific option recoding using an Autologic? My mechanic is fairly confident that if he can't figure it out the guys at autologic can, but I'm not as confident. I'm looking to recode some options in my car, i.e.base stereo to Hifi, etc. and while I have found some enthusiast that will do it, none are in my area.

For those not in the know, Autologic is the dealer level diagnostic and control unit that most independents use. They run between $2000 and $10k and can code everything from Land Rover to Porsche and everything in between. My mechanic did some VW stuff for me a few years ago, so I know its possibly on some brands, but am wondering if its possible with BMW. I installed a BT module from a Phaeton into my 08 Passat and he was able to code in a European only option on my car to get it to work. I also installed a 2013 RNS510 Nav in a 2008 that didn't come with it and activated all the modern extras like backup camera, a/c on the screen and proximity sensors.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quart View Post
Does anyone know if it is possibly to do specific option recoding using an Autologic? My mechanic is fairly confident that if he can't figure it out the guys at autologic can, but I'm not as confident. I'm looking to recode some options in my car, i.e.base stereo to Hifi, etc. and while I have found some enthusiast that will do it, none are in my area.

For those not in the know, Autologic is the dealer level diagnostic and control unit that most independents use. They run between $2000 and $10k and can code everything from Land Rover to Porsche and everything in between. My mechanic did some VW stuff for me a few years ago, so I know its possibly on some brands, but am wondering if its possible with BMW. I installed a BT module from a Phaeton into my 08 Passat and he was able to code in a European only option on my car to get it to work. I also installed a 2013 RNS510 Nav in a 2008 that didn't come with it and activated all the modern extras like backup camera, a/c on the screen and proximity sensors.
Yeah they can, however when i retrofitted the CIC idrive in my old car, i took it to several indies with an autologic and they werent able to program it and neither could the people at autologic. But i remember seeing there was a screen that let you fiddle with option codes
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 05:00 AM   #3
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

That is what I am afraid of... its one thing for the autologic to be able to do it, its another for the independents to know how. I have two members here who can do it, but they live about 150-200 miles south and west of me and I'd have at least a night in a hotel and probably a 12 pack of beer to pay for if they do it. I'm afraid with the independents I'll be paying for them to hunt and peck for the right options so it might be cheaper to board the dog and take the wife away for a short weekend. Although I can't wait to see her expression when I say I'm meeting a guy in a parking lot with his laptop to fiddle with my car. LOL
Appreciate 0