BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #23
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S / Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbreath View Post
Are you kidding me Daniela, you still only have 700 miles on the M? WOW, that's bad! haha
Hmm, you know my name?

:::: hides ::::
      03-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #24
baseballbreath
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXYone View Post
Hmm, you know my name?

:::: hides ::::
haha, we've talked on Facebook a few times. Mines Nick in case you don't remember. lol

09 135i Black Sapphire
prem, sport, cold weather package
hi fi, iPod, Nav

Performacne:
JB3
RR Oil Catch Can
RR Stage II Intake
RR Intake Plenum
RR CDV
BMW Performance Exhaust

Cosmetics:
CF Interior Trim
M Door Sills
GP Thunder 75K
Black CF Ambergones
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #25
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbreath View Post
haha, we've talked on Facebook a few times. Mines Nick in case you don't remember. lol

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, shit- I get a little freaked out when people use my real name, LOL. Haven't heard from you in a LONG time. What's good? We just got snow here yesterday, you think I want to drive my car in that?!?!
      03-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #26
baseballbreath
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh, shit- I get a little freaked out when people use my real name, LOL. Haven't heard from you in a LONG time. What's good? We just got snow here yesterday, you think I want to drive my car in that?!?!
Sorry about that, I forget that we uses screen names on here vs real names on facebook. Yeah's it's been a little while hasn't it? I haven't really been on here much been busy with work. We got some flurries here too (southern AL), crazy haven't had snow here in like years according to the locals. I don't blame you not wanting to drive either car.

09 135i Black Sapphire
prem, sport, cold weather package
hi fi, iPod, Nav

Performacne:
JB3
RR Oil Catch Can
RR Stage II Intake
RR Intake Plenum
RR CDV
BMW Performance Exhaust

Cosmetics:
CF Interior Trim
M Door Sills
GP Thunder 75K
Black CF Ambergones
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #27
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Ok so an update and final judgement on this.....it is crap.....
Yes, yes I know "he who shall not be named" produced it and it was a risk I was willing to take...lucky for me the vendor offered 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back....
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #28
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
addendum...apparently the vendor is NOT offering the money back....I am getting pretty irate over here.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #29
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
addendum...apparently the vendor is NOT offering the money back....I am getting pretty irate over here.
That SUCKS!!! .... you're back?!?!
      05-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #30
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
That SUCKS!!! .... you're back?!?!
Yes milady I have returned from yonder crusade!
I am sitting in Port Royal as I write this...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #31
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
I understand EMS lost some money dealing with TJ, but they should have seen that coming. When they started advertising his products here they promised to stand behind them. Has EMS been booted off the forum? They should be. It was real stupid of them to do business with TJ and they have no one but themselves to blame for the mess they got into.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #32
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
I understand EMS lost some money dealing with TJ, but they should have seen that coming. When they started advertising his products here they promised to stand behind them. Has EMS been booted off the forum? They should be. It was real stupid of them to do business with TJ and they have no one but themselves to blame for the mess they got into.
Whoa there Keith I am upset but I would not go as far to say they should be booted off. The amount of money they have lost because TJ would not return it is punishment enough right now.....lets not make this a crusade against Andrew and EMS.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #33
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm just curious if any of this is protected by your credit card protection plan. I mean you were sold a defective product that does not fit and you can't return it.
      05-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
^^^You know I didn't think of that
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #35
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

look at the following, he promised a full refund if "product is not up to par".... wow, I can't believe they don't just refund your money, Just not good business practice... be careful guys because this does not look like standing behind what you sell

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=38
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #36
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I just subscribed to it for ammunition....
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #37
FOXYCaymanS
_
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpop View Post
I'm just curious if any of this is protected by your credit card protection plan. I mean you were sold a defective product that does not fit and you can't return it.
Quote:
^^^You know I didn't think of that
Especially if it's AMX... they have done this for me a few times

Good luck buddy... let me know if you ever go on any drives towards Atlanta. I need to take the M & Supra out for a couple of drives I'm getting bored
      05-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #38
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Whoa there Keith I am upset but I would not go as far to say they should be booted off. The amount of money they have lost because TJ would not return it is punishment enough right now.....lets not make this a crusade against Andrew and EMS.
Well Adrean, my concern is that they knew they were going to get in trouble doing business with TJ. And when it was discovered that they were selling FO parts Andrew publicly stated, in that thread that has been linked here and in others, that they would back them up. If EMS is fairly small I would imagine that they could be taking a beating on this, but you have to be stupid to do business with someone like TJ and not be prepared for the loss.

I hope EMS works out something with you. Yes they have been punished for doing business, and I guess a cynic would say that you got what was coming to you also if you knew this was TJ's product. But Andrew said he would back it up, and he should. We don't need anymore unscrupulous vendors here than we have already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpop View Post
That might be a problem because CC companies have a time limit on these things. Looks like it's been three months or thereabouts since he paid for it.

Good luck, I hope this works out for you and that others will see this and pay attention where they get their carbon fiber parts from now on.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #39
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Well Adrean, my concern is that they knew they were going to get in trouble doing business with TJ. And when it was discovered that they were selling FO parts Andrew publicly stated, in that thread that has been linked here and in others, that they would back them up. If EMS is fairly small I would imagine that they could be taking a beating on this, but you have to be stupid to do business with someone like TJ and not be prepared for the loss.

I hope EMS works out something with you. Yes they have been punished for doing business, and I guess a cynic would say that you got what was coming to you also if you knew this was TJ's product. But Andrew said he would back it up, and he should. We don't need anymore unscrupulous vendors here than we have already.

That might be a problem because CC companies have a time limit on these things. Looks like it's been three months or thereabouts since he paid for it.

Good luck, I hope this works out for you and that others will see this and pay attention where they get their carbon fiber parts from now on.
Yeah I agree with you 100%. I am just trying to keep a level head at the moment and give him a fair amount of time to come clean on the situation before I drop the hammer. If need be I will open a thread similar to your famous thread. Like I said before I KNEW it was a FO part...the ONLY reason I bought it was because of EMS's policy of standing behind their products 100%.

p.s. He has already emailed me that he would give me a store credit....but I want it for the full amount....I will keep you all updated.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #40
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

I mainly asked if they had been banned because I was wondering if this had happened to others. You are the first I've seen mention this. Did Andrew ever come out and state that if you had issues with an FO part you had to respond by a specific date? Was he aware of your issue with being in Iraq?

A store credit probably wouldn't satisfy me because there might not be stuff I wanted. I've looked over his site, and for me at the moment he has nothing I want, and I'm sure others feel the same way. I wish I could find the thread where I stated concerns about buying from EMS because of their association with FO. Someone got on my case about that saying we shouldn't draw attention to the fact they are FO parts unless people ask until it proves to be a problem. Well this feels like an "I told ya so" moment.

Good luck, I hope you get this resolved, I'll be keeping an eye on the situation.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #41
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
I mainly asked if they had been banned because I was wondering if this had happened to others. You are the first I've seen mention this. Did Andrew ever come out and state that if you had issues with an FO part you had to respond by a specific date? Was he aware of your issue with being in Iraq?

A store credit probably wouldn't satisfy me because there might not be stuff I wanted. I've looked over his site, and for me at the moment he has nothing I want, and I'm sure others feel the same way. I wish I could find the thread where I stated concerns about buying from EMS because of their association with FO. Someone got on my case about that saying we shouldn't draw attention to the fact they are FO parts unless people ask until it proves to be a problem. Well this feels like an "I told ya so" moment.

Good luck, I hope you get this resolved, I'll be keeping an eye on the situation.
Yep I might have chastised you a bit for hitting him over the head before he had a chance to prove or disprove himself. I told you so is not in order though....because I stated that I knew what I was getting into when I bought the item.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #42
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yep I might have chastised you a bit for hitting him over the head before he had a chance to prove or disprove himself. I told you so is not in order though....because I stated that I knew what I was getting into when I bought the item.
Well I also stated that it brings into question the integrity of a vendor that would choose to deal with someone like TJ. And now we see that Andrew is apparently not standing behind the products like he said he would. IMHO a full refund is the appropriate action.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #43
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Well I also stated that it brings into question the integrity of a vendor that would choose to deal with someone like TJ. And now we see that Andrew is apparently not standing behind the products like he said he would. IMHO a full refund is the appropriate action.
Agreed...fighting that battle now.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #44
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Sorry to hear about this

Hopefully everything goes well and you get your refund....
Appreciate 0