BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep
Drives: bsm 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MonsterNtheMaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
To each their own man. I'm refinishing a set of RS's for about $2300 all in. Light weight proven strength and 3 piece ftw. You take care of the wheels like you take care of your car and they'll be fine. If you're going to be upgrading your suspension I'd get some lightweight track wheels as well - lugging those things around the track would be risky.

No hate just some friendly criticism. Carry on
who said anything about the track? the coils are to dial in the drop that I want because I'm picky about the way it's lowered/stanced. While I may autoX it maybe a handful of times in the cars life, big maybe--it's not something I'm concerned about. Lap times are irrelevant to me.

and what's risky about going around a track with a wheel/tire combo that's approx. 2.65lbs lighter than my stock wheels when I weighed them during uninstall/install? I fail to see the danger in that for it to be "risky".

While RS is a great looking wheel and I can appreciate the deal you got on them; you are still $500 above my price in terms of investment, everyone has their own agenda and budget and preferences/thoughts regarding modifying a car. I have a daily driver and therefore my wheels see a lot of crap-tar, pebbles, brake dust daily, and potholes of NoE OH.

I can understand your stance on preferring a higher end wheel Wescuddles, and I'm not arguing or turning this thread into a wheel battle that resides in how far your wallet is willing to open.

Harlequin was just pointing out the douchy way you responded in an arrogant tone/manner, and I happen to agree. Especially considering how interested you were in my wheels when BavX requested pics of them:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609640

Gotta remember where you came from to know where you are going! And more importantly, so you don't wedge your foot in your own mouth
I thought when you said savings were going to m3 suspension bits you were planning on tracking the car - my bad

The danger lies in the strength of your wheels if you were to track them. If you hit a pot hole I wouldn't doubt they bend either which is fine they are a good enough price to get another easy.

No deal on the rs man! Just gotta find a set of used faces in 72.5mm bore and send them to rotiform to refinish. For $125 more per corner then what you paid not bad at all.

My comments weren't directed with any underlying tone. I simply stated my opinion on a public forum where opinions are encouraged. No hate or bashing. How you decide to read between the lines is up to you.

As for the other thread - I was interested in the set up for my girlfriends mini, but never got a reply. I am still curious about that lip tho thanks for the link ill have to pm them about that.

Last statement is troll? Not sure as its not relevant.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #24
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
you've been owned...
Appreciate 0