BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

12-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #23
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
Most bikers drive at reasonable if not more carefully, then there's that remaining 5-10% of squids who think the roads are their playground and that a supersport bike means they should ride fast everywhere. I agree, I just let them weed themselves out.

Riding a motorcycle was an eye opening experience at just how dangerous the roads can be.

Crashing my m roadster was also another eye opener of high reflex sports cars and bad weather don't mix.

Well, to be fair, the same reason I am considered an asshole when I'm on my bike is the same reason I am considered an asshole when I'm in my car. Not only because I'm pretty much an asshole all the time, but more importantly, because of the performance of the vehicles to which we've grown accustomed.

That is, my 135i (and X1 for that matter) handles and accelerates so well, I find myself struggling to remember that most other vehicles on the road cannot take a corner like I can, can't accelerate or brake like I can, even when I think I'm taking it easy.

The car makes it so much fun to drive, I'm fully engaged with the experience. Unlike the land-barge driving zombie, who is completely disconnected from the task at hand, as they leisurely drift to their destination.

And being the impatient dick that I am, when I'm on my bike, it's much worse. If you can't accelerate over 1g then you are just in the way...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #24
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSG View Post
Regarding bikes, I mainly see old fat guys with scraggly beards on Harleys....
Unfortunately, around here in the early spring we have numerous bike accidents and most are fatal.
Yup. Believe it or not, it's the geezers on high displacement cruisers in single vehicle accidents that are the highest accident group. Most of the time, on weekend nights, had a few beers, on the way home from the bar...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Respect is earned and you haven't earned it based on your moronic comments. And no you didn't say you'd try to harm myself or any other riders. But I've experienced plenty of self righteous drivers out there that think the world evolves around them on the road where they have some self imposed police authority with the same mentality and view you do for all motorcyclists. It doesn't take much to set people with view points like you off where they're using their cage as a 2 ton weapon.
K.
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #26
DSSG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport

I think some of you have terrible attitudes about driving.

What makes survival on the road possible is cooperation among all groups of drivers. Too many drivers think because they have the right of way they are entitled to take it regardless of the consequences to others.

Safety is about good driving practices but also being aware that other drivers make mistakes and making allowances for them. There also a lot of fools on the road too, and a lot of them are drunks who in my opinion, are criminals. They run over pedestrians or into structures or trees. In the case of trees, they often kill themselves in which case, I feel sorry for the poor tree!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #27
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

As a motorcyclist, I do ride over the speed limit, and I mostly try to stay in the left lane. Not because I feel like riding fast, but I can react better if I'm in the furthest lane on the highway because I can pay attention to all the assholes on their phones in the right two lanes as well as merging traffic from on-ramps and the jerks changing lanes without looking.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread