BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #67
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I just read the docs on the Wolfson chip, and their recommendation is that you have a physically different output path for headphone or line out. Basically the line out option includes a 100 Ohm resistor to support the much higher impredance of a line-in system.

Now the way to test if there is a real difference would be to try to connect headphones directly to the output from the docking port. Using something like the cables talked about earlier with a female/female 1/8th inch adapter. If it is line-out not headphone level, then the headphones should be seriously low input if it works at all.

Regardless of which way you go, there are amps, capacitance, resistance, D-A, and in the case of the Premium HU A-D going on. I still believe the best option is to use USB, in which case everything is digital till the HU, which does decoding/DAC and analogue to the Amp, and in the case of the Premium HU, digital all the way to the AMP.
      06-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #68
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrons1969 View Post
I just read the docs on the Wolfson chip, and their recommendation is that you have a physically different output path for headphone or line out. Basically the line out option includes a 100 Ohm resistor to support the much higher impredance of a line-in system.

Now the way to test if there is a real difference would be to try to connect headphones directly to the output from the docking port. Using something like the cables talked about earlier with a female/female 1/8th inch adapter. If it is line-out not headphone level, then the headphones should be seriously low input if it works at all.

Regardless of which way you go, there are amps, capacitance, resistance, D-A, and in the case of the Premium HU A-D going on. I still believe the best option is to use USB, in which case everything is digital till the HU, which does decoding/DAC and analogue to the Amp, and in the case of the Premium HU, digital all the way to the AMP.
I guess it depends how good of an oscilloscope you have. The argument is totally moot...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #69
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Shuffle

Hi

I have a USB memory stick plugged in to the USB socket and all my music is stored in a folder for each album.

However, the RND function will only select music from the current folder. Is there any way to make it shuffle across all folders?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0