BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Dani_x
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

[Moved From General Thread] Watch out Electrical issues

Hello, one of my friends traded his 2010 135i couple of weeks That car looks great and well taken care of (extra oil change every 6 months) garaged ...etc.

The main issue he traded it in is weird electrical issue that happens randomly, BMW could not fix it and they could not make to happen when they tested the car, it happens randomly at traffic light, the whole dash restarts, AC and NAV.

Also he said he is feeling the turbos are failing (leaky sound at high speed) and couple of limp modes while shifting from 6 to 5 at high RPM. I guess that the result of modding the car heavily with piggy backs without adding hardware and cooling to support that extra push.

As a new member in this awesome community, I do not want any fellow BMW enthusiast to get screwed.

VIN: WBAUC7C50AVK81372

http://www.audicoralsprings.com/used...bcb3d93c6f.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

The electrical issue has been known for quite a long time and it is true they don't have the solution yet. I did experience the stalling, idling and electrical issue back in the day but then I brought in the service info bulletin about the new DME update for the car. After the update, so far so good with no idling, stalling and electrical issue. At first I suspect the battery but then my car cranks almost right away from the start so battery was not the issue.

After all, the carfax literally shows only little things about the car, if it was me, I will take the same action with you. Thanks for your heads up man! I believe many people are not taking that issues to far.
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0