12-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
The strange thing is that Im happy they overprice it like this. I will not get it and that feels good as I know I will feel ripped of later. With the increased price its the last nail in the coffin for me not getting it. So strangely enough "Thank you Akra!" You saved me money by increasing the price. ;-)
Well said...It is a colossal rip-off.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #24
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
NO PLUG, straight out !!!!!

This is baddddd ass. How's the volume at highway cruising speeds?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #25
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

And I was actually conflicted between AR Design's 3" DP and the Akra 2.5"s......THANK YOU AKRAPOVIC FOR MAKING MY CHOICE A NO-BRAINER!!!

Here's to great marketing !
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #26
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

It was ridiculously priced even before the price hike. I'd bet a good fabricator could make me this exhaust for half the price.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I am with you on that. Crazy to spend that much on an exhaust system when there are similar/better systems out there for far less money.
Is it pricey? YES... Is there anything better? NO
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN M View Post
And I was actually conflicted between AR Design's 3" DP and the Akra 2.5"s......THANK YOU AKRAPOVIC FOR MAKING MY CHOICE A NO-BRAINER!!!

Here's to great marketing !
Me too!
Thanks Akrapovic!
That's why I went ahead and bought the Akra's as soon as I heard about the increase
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Gator View Post
Me too!
Thanks Akrapovic!
That's why I went ahead and bought the Akra's as soon as I heard about the increase
Lol....not exactly what I meant but CONGRATULATIONS anyway
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #30
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN M View Post
Lol....not exactly what I meant but CONGRATULATIONS anyway
Ha Ha - I know what you meant -just giving you a hard time. I was looking at the AR's too - I wasn't sure which to buy yet but the increase made me pull the trigger on the Akra's. The quality looks great and the install will probably be a little easier with the 2 1/2" vs the 3". The only negative thing I have heard on the AR's is just be patient and take your time on the install because it is tight! - but that's not always a bad thing either
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #31
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

And the comment on there is no better out there. Funny that some people know and have heard all options IRL. There are many vendors out there. The thing is that what I need is another option with wireless control. Like the Eisenmann race. As all options that are within the approved sound level don't sound much more than the stock and the ones that do are not approved for street use. All videos we see on the akra is the evolution system with downpipes. Something that most people would never drive as daily drive. Evolution with wireless yes. But not with downpipes. Without downpipes the sound is not as racy. So the marketing videos never show us the slip-on system or without downpipes. My conclusion is that the only option to go for is a racy sound but with wireless if its a daily drive car. Would love to see a list of all options with wireless? Akra is way overpriced period! Exhaust systems is not rocket science so I think that some people at this forum is over marketing the Akra because of some youtube videos. People who probably never heard most of the options for the 1M. Remember I love the sound in the videos but realize its with downpipes and everything. Meaning not really an option for me. Plus the fact that the price/performance is way over the top.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #32
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already, but I have a couple of questions

1. Does the slip-on system have anywhere near the same aggressive sound as the full system (assuming wireless switch install with both) ? Just wondering if the main benefit of the full system is extra performance ? (ie. does the slip-on give you all the 'noise/sound' benefits ?

2. I noticed this footnot for the evolution system on the akra product page:
2) This product is intended to be used only on racing vehicles on closed courses. It is not for use on roads or vehicles otherwise subject to emission-control requirements.. Does this mean the evolution system is not allowed for road-cars ? Or have I missed something.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #33
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Define better?

Better sounding...perhaps, but sound is in the ear of the beholder.
Better performance...from what I have seen, dyno results look similar.
Better construction materials...is titanium really necessary?

Look, I think the system is great but vastly overpriced. If it cost 30% less they would sell twice as many.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #34
mrow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Define better?

Better sounding...perhaps, but sound is in the ear of the beholder.
Better performance...from what I have seen, dyno results look similar.
Better construction materials...is titanium really necessary?

Look, I think the system is great but vastly overpriced. If it cost 30% less they would sell twice as many.
That or just make a SS version. I know Ti is their thing but why not make a SS version? They could charge 50 percent less just because of the cost difference of the metal.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #35
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
And the comment on there is no better out there. Funny that some people know and have heard all options IRL. There are many vendors out there. The thing is that what I need is another option with wireless control. Like the Eisenmann race. As all options that are within the approved sound level don't sound much more than the stock and the ones that do are not approved for street use. All videos we see on the akra is the evolution system with downpipes. Something that most people would never drive as daily drive. Evolution with wireless yes. But not with downpipes. Without downpipes the sound is not as racy. So the marketing videos never show us the slip-on system or without downpipes. My conclusion is that the only option to go for is a racy sound but with wireless if its a daily drive car. Would love to see a list of all options with wireless? Akra is way overpriced period! Exhaust systems is not rocket science so I think that some people at this forum is over marketing the Akra because of some youtube videos. People who probably never heard most of the options for the 1M. Remember I love the sound in the videos but realize its with downpipes and everything. Meaning not really an option for me. Plus the fact that the price/performance is way over the top.
Hybris, have a search, the video and audio on my car is WITHOUT the Akra downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #36
M1one1M
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already, but I have a couple of questions

1. Does the slip-on system have anywhere near the same aggressive sound as the full system (assuming wireless switch install with both) ? Just wondering if the main benefit of the full system is extra performance ? (ie. does the slip-on give you all the 'noise/sound' benefits ?

2. I noticed this footnot for the evolution system on the akra product page:
2) This product is intended to be used only on racing vehicles on closed courses. It is not for use on roads or vehicles otherwise subject to emission-control requirements.. Does this mean the evolution system is not allowed for road-cars ? Or have I missed something.

Thanks in advance!
The footnote is talking about their downpipes not the evolution system.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #37
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

BTW. Take a look at the akra evolution for 135i or other non "M" cars. 50% or less in price. Is that due to the fact its not titanium? Or why so big difference in price?
Appreciate 0