E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Anyone on the Ingolstadt? Waiting on my M3!

04-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
djben
noob.
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMGII, 911 Turbo (997)

Anyone on the Ingolstadt? Waiting on my M3!

While it isn't an E90, I've got an E46 M3 on the way... Right now the Port of Charleston website says the Ingolstadt is due on the 23rd, but the Kline website says 25th.

My dealer says he expects on 2-3 days time from dock -> delivery here in St. Petersburg, Florida. That means theoretically even if it docks on the 25th I should still get it next week

Anyone else have a car on this ship?

Just figured I'd ask -- I'm probably in the same "boat" as a lot of people here... I've never made a purchase like this and had to wait SO LONG to get it -- especially since I've wanted the M3 for about 7 years, ever since I started driving.

I'll paste this snippet from the E46 FAQ, I think its perfect:

Question:
What are the advantages/disadvantages of ordering a car?
Answer:
Advantages:
You get *exactly* what you wanted.
You *may* be able to get a better price -- the dealer knows they'll sell the car the day it arrives, i.e. no flooring or financing costs, etc.

Disadvantages:
For some ---- the wait is torture. For the rest of us, it's much worse.

Last edited by djben; 04-18-2006 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djben
While it isn't an E90, I've got an E46 M3 on the way... Right now the Port of Charleston website says the Ingolstadt is due on the 23rd, but the Kline website says 25th.

My dealer says he expects on 2-3 days time from dock -> delivery here in St. Petersburg, Florida. That means theoretically even if it docks on the 25th I should still get it next week

Anyone else have a car on this ship?

Just figured I'd ask -- I'm probably in the same "boat" as a lot of people here... I've never made a purchase like this and had to wait SO LONG to get it -- especially since I've wanted the M3 for about 7 years, ever since I started driving.

I'll paste this snippet from the E46 FAQ, I think its perfect:

Question:
What are the advantages/disadvantages of ordering a car?
Answer:
Advantages:
You get *exactly* what you wanted.
You *may* be able to get a better price -- the dealer knows they'll sell the car the day it arrives, i.e. no flooring or financing costs, etc.

Disadvantages:
For some ---- the wait is torture. For the rest of us, it's much worse.
Congrats, won't be long now!
If I may ask, what's an M3 going for these days?
      04-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
djben
noob.
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMGII, 911 Turbo (997)

No less than they ever did -- you may have a tough time trying to find a dealer you could buy one from now considering production is supposed to cease soon (I've heard May 1st).

I only wanted a few options, SMG, xenons, power seats. Considering this was a 54k msrp custom ordered car, I couldnt really negotiate much off the price... Mabye I could have found a dealer farther away from me and got more off the msrp, but the convenience factor and several very high recommendations from other M3 owners for their warranty work sealed the deal for me (Bert Smith in St. Pete FL).

They had a fully loaded M3 complete with competition package/nav/etc in the lot.. I believe they had it listed for 63k when I was in to order my car. Congrats to the guy who picked that one up =)
Appreciate 0