BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-03-2023, 03:27 PM   #1
Trevorh026
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Driver door window will not roll up or down?

Hey guys, I'm at a loss here. So the other morning my window was iced up on my 128, I managed to finally get it open but now my window wont roll up or down. Every time I try I just get the anti trap error icon in the cluster and nothing happens. I have tried the reset function but the window wont even roll down. Pulled the door panel off and checked everything out, everything looks okay including the regulator. Took the window motor out and set it up on a test bench and it works great. I can hear a relay clicking in the drivers side footwell, and I'm also getting voltage at the window motor harness for a split second each time the button is pressed to roll the window up or down. Problem is the window motor wont work when its hooked up in the car but worked on the 12v test bench just fine. I have also checked all fuses and relays, the passenger window works too. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 12:33 PM   #2
jdt10768
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i MSport 6MT

maybe the window switch fried/burned out?

also maybe - disconnect battery negative terminal for 30 minutes and try again?
Appreciate 0