BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Sorry to hear about your car mate. Glad nobody got hurt and good luck with all the repairs. Sure it'll be fixed up and back on the road in no time!

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, in a work car though and I ran into the back of one of the guys from work who stopped short. First accident ever but such is life!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #24
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
glad to hear nobody got hurt.
Good call Vinny. Cars are only metal and plastic that can be fixed. Sure it's painful to see your pride and joy in a twisted state but once she's all fixed it's almost forgotten history.
      05-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #25
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Sorry to hear, hope it gets fixed up in time. Everyone I know that has had a similar low-speed impact said that they felt the car skidding (no ABS) - I think everyone gets spiderman reflexes just before a ding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Just last night i was heading into the city for a beer with a mate, and had a green P Plater in a Daihatsu Charade fang it down a 24 hour bus lane, about 100m before it merged into mine. I quickly dropped 2 gears (4th to 2nd), and then he proceeded to tail gate (on a 3 lane road!) for a kilometre. Wanker.. And i gave him the signal too Think i also told him to get a real car when i turned off
ROFL. I'm half hoping we come across someone like this on the cruise, they'll think twice about tailgating when there's 10+ of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Mate, you might as well tell the insurance company the dude was over the stop lines. Sure you have no actual proof but if he agrees to it then you win. There's no punishment for trying
I used to work in the fraud/investigation department at NRMA - little things like this get recorded and will be visible in all future claims, but if you just mention it on the side and don't make a big fuss out of it you should be ok. I'd say in this case definitely point it out though
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #26
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chylld View Post
I used to work in the fraud/investigation department at NRMA - little things like this get recorded and will be visible in all future claims, but if you just mention it on the side and don't make a big fuss out of it you should be ok. I'd say in this case definitely point it out though
There's no point withholding the truth just because there's no proof behind it...so yes you definitely should mention it. If the guy denies it then oh well lesson learned.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #27
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

I wonder if that was the same p-plate pulsar that ran into me....

Finally got my car back yesterday
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #28
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Sorry to hear mate. Glad you're ok!

Ditto with Tom's motorbike experience, I ride a motorbike and always expect the worst. I'm rarely disappointed... That said, I had my first bicycle crash in many years while following my girlfriend last year. For seemingly no reason she stopped in the middle of the road? Still, I suppose it was my fault... After spending years drafting other bike riders in big packs with no incident this was a bit of a shock. My 105 equipped tri bike was unrideable afterwards while her K-Mart mountain bike was virtually unmarked
      05-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #29
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

ooooouuchhh those pics made me cringe. but hey.. perfect excuse for some new front end mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
ARGH that looks painful. Good thing I got off my Ps otherwise I'd be getting a bad name :P
Puck you, not all P platers are bad.
Appreciate 0