BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2009, 05:51 AM   #23
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
BTW Taymaishu which part of the Northern Beaches did this incident happen?
Avalon
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #24
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
A few years ago late at night I was approached by two youths in a back road behind the St Ives shopping centre. They had a knife and wanted my wallet and mobile phone. I stalled for time by saying that I didn't have my wallet with me and managed to jump into my car which had the front door ajar and engine running (as I had got out for a few seconds to throw some rubbish in a skip bin).

The muggers held my door open so I couldn't close and lock it so I instinctively wacked the car in D and flattened the throttle and took off with my door open. There was no way they could hold on the the door.... lol.
You're VERY lucky you got away with it.

A few years back in Greenwich, a friend and his gf were relaxing one night in a park watching the city skyline... then some guy suddenly appeared out of nowhere and threatened him with a knife asking him to hand over his wallet. My friend pondered for a few seconds and started walking over to his car to get the wallet. What he didn't know was that there was a guy hiding in the bushes nearby with a gun... who actually used it, and shot dead the poor guy as he was walking to his car. The guy in the bushes thought he was going to his car to get out a gun.*RIP brother*

So I say again, very lucky you got away unhurt with that incident.

Was the handbrake on by the way?

Last edited by woosh; 07-28-2009 at 06:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #25
Furo125i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW/CORAL 125i

Garage List
Quote:
A few years ago late at night I was approached by two youths in a back road behind the St Ives shopping centre. They had a knife and wanted my wallet and mobile phone. I stalled for time by saying that I didn't have my wallet with me and managed to jump into my car which had the front door ajar and engine running (as I had got out for a few seconds to throw some rubbish in a skip bin).

The muggers held my door open so I couldn't close and lock it so I instinctively wacked the car in D and flattened the throttle and took off with my door open. There was no way they could hold on the the door.... lol.
wow that's scary too. glad that you were unhurt.

this thread has made me googled the topic found this as well,

http://www.theage.com.au/national/bo...0728-dz3u.html

was good that no one was hurt and they were caught. was surprised at how old they were.
      07-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #26
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
You're VERY lucky you got away with it.

A few years back in Greenwich, a friend and his gf were relaxing one night in a park watching the city skyline... then some guy suddenly appeared out of nowhere and threatened him with a knife asking him to hand over his wallet. My friend pondered for a few seconds and started walking over to his car to get the wallet. What he didn't know was that there was a guy hiding in the bushes nearby with a gun... who actually used it, and shot dead the poor guy as he was walking to his car. The guy in the bushes thought he was going to his car to get out a gun.*RIP brother*

So I say again, very lucky you got away unhurt with that incident.

Was the handbrake on by the way?
Yes I was. That is a terrible story. If we think too much of such things we may never want to venture out from the safety of our homes

At the time I guess I was just running on adrenalin and didn't think too much about close I was to something real nasty. It was just my instinct to try get away.

Normally I would probably have handed over my wallet and phone because ones life is worth more than that. However I really didn't have them with me at the time as I live close by and I didn't bother to bring them along.

So although I told the muggers that I had nothing to give them, they didn't believe me. The conversation was getting real nasty, they said something along the lines of: "Don't f@#king bullshit... hand over your wallet and mobile or you are going to get stabbed!"

It was then that I decided I had to escape...

The handbrake was on but I released it as I drove off. I still remember the surprised look on the faces of the muggers as I saw them shrink in my rear vision mirror.:finger:

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #27
wkthyk
wkthyk
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Coupe - Sedona Red

My uni mate back in like about 6 years ago, with his girlfriend, got their brand new CLK drive back to Randwick Cowper Street at night. Been carjacked by 7 - 8 asians from a van right in front of the uni apartments. My mate got seriously head injured by knife and stayed in Royal Randwick Hospital for more than 2 months time and with about another half year to get himself fully recover (yeah he is lucky that still alive)

It was happened with that they finished their dinner in City than drive back. When they stopped the light van slowly hit the rear of my mate's car. My mate walked down examine the damage then the nightmare happened. We were all shocked coz we were just all living nearby that time, and it was lucky that people form uni apartment rushed out to see what's happened. I moved away from that area since then.

Guys carjacking does happened and keep yourself caution especially at night. Make sure your own safety come to the first place.

09 BMW135i ; 06-09 Mazda RX8 ; 05-06 Honda City Turbo II ; 03-05 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T 4-Door Nismo limited Version ; 01-02 Nissan Silvia S13 ; 99-01 Nissan Skyline R31
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #28
dk130i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Blue car

d3syd & Taymaishu,

Just curious: were the guys that attacked/tried to hijack your car of Asian appearance by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes I was. That is a terrible story. If we think too much of such things we may never want to venture out from the safety of our homes

At the time I guess I was just running on adrenalin and didn't think too much about close I was to something real nasty. It was just my instinct to try get away.

Normally I would probably have handed over my wallet and phone because ones life is worth more than that. However I really didn't have them with me at the time as I live close by and I didn't bother to bring them along.

So although I told the muggers that I had nothing to give them, they didn't believe me. The conversation was getting real nasty, they said something along the lines of: "Don't f@#king bullshit... hand over your wallet and mobile or you are going to get stabbed!"

It was then that I decided I had to escape...

The handbrake was on but I released it as I drove off. I still remember the surprised look on the faces of the muggers as I saw them shrink in my rear vision mirror.:finger:
Yeah, I'm sorry that I had to bring up such a tragic story. It's just that I felt it was important to note what happened to my friend, and what could've happened to you, or anyone else on here reading this who's presented with a similar situation in the future (God forbid).

I probably would've done the same thing as you if the muggers didn't believe I had nothing to give them. I'm glad you made the safe escape. Although, had it been me, I probably would've called up my fully sick boys straight after to come help me teach the muggers a lesson. lol

Have you heard of any other incidents like that in St Ives recently? The reason I ask is because I spent a few hours one late night a week ago playing street soccer with some friends in the carpark behind Max Brenner's... it gets pretty dead. I guess we were lucky not to run into any trouble.

Oh and if you're ever selling a car, and a potential buyer wants to meet up, take a few mates with you. A few years ago, a person was beat up and his Intergra Type R was stolen after he had met up by himself with some unknown people for a test drive...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #30
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk130i View Post
d3syd & Taymaishu,

Just curious: were the guys that attacked/tried to hijack your car of Asian appearance by any chance?
Mine was an Italian guy with an Australian wife, mid-40s.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #31
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

In the 135,you can use the auto lock system,so that the whole car locks once you hit about 40km/h or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #32
Ivor
Private
Rep
Drives:

I just hope for everyone's sake that the Authorities can address this issue quickly before it becomes progessively worse.

In South Africa it has become a part of life to be aware and awake of everything around you.
      07-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #33
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor View Post
I just hope for everyone's sake that the Authorities can address this issue quickly before it becomes progessively worse.

In South Africa it has become a part of life to be aware and awake of everything around you.
How about this South African anti-carjacking invention...........BMW Approved too!!

Bring it on!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #34
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk130i View Post
d3syd & Taymaishu,

No the guys were caucasian.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Spare Car:
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #35
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
How about this South African anti-carjacking invention...........BMW Approved too!!

Bring it on!
Wow that's great! BBQed carjacker.

Not very good for the paintwork though...

Spare Car:
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #36
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
There is always the WRX system that aids in carjackings (although in the 99.99% of other times it's a pain in the butt) whereby once the driver's door and seatbelt are opened, the car will only run about another minute. Gives you time to be a safe distance from the jackers, and you get your car back, as they need the pincode to start the car again (another pain in the butt, having to press in four digits everytime you start the car up).
      07-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #37
CT135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
There is always the WRX system that aids in carjackings (although in the 99.99% of other times it's a pain in the butt) whereby once the driver's door and seatbelt are opened, the car will only run about another minute. Gives you time to be a safe distance from the jackers, and you get your car back, as they need the pincode to start the car again (another pain in the butt, having to press in four digits everytime you start the car up).
and it drains the battery flat in a couple of days of not driving!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #38
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Wow that's great! BBQed carjacker.

Not very good for the paintwork though...
Scorch marks on the side of the car - what better deterent to the would-be carjacker?!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #39
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Still...really you cant beat Comfort Access... Just let them take the car, as long as they dont reliase you have the key..Once they turn off your car thats it...:finger:
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #40
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT135 View Post
and it drains the battery flat in a couple of days of not driving!
I see you've felt the pain of the Brandt system too. Hence, why I'm stepping up and getting something a bit more logical, like the 125i.
      07-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #41
CT135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
I see you've felt the pain of the Brandt system too. Hence, why I'm stepping up and getting something a bit more logical, like the 125i.
yeah had a WRX 2 cars ago. used to carry a battery jump charger thing in the boot, especially at the snow!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #42
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Oh and if you're ever selling a car, and a potential buyer wants to meet up, take a few mates with you. A few years ago, a person was beat up and his Intergra Type R was stolen after he had met up by himself with some unknown people for a test drive...
Argh, its happened again...

"Police are appealing for information after a car was stolen at gun point in Sydney’s northern suburbs yesterday.

About 9pm a 19-year-old man met with two men in Neutral Bay in relation to a car had for sale.

One of the men and the 19-year-old drove the blue Nissan Skyline 200SX, with NSW registration AT58ZV, a short distance to the intersection of Bent and Yeo Streets at Neutral Bay. At the intersection the man allegedly threatened the 19-year-old with a pistol and forced him from the car before driving away.

The victim immediately contacted Harbourside police who attended and conducted a patrol of the nearby area."

NSW Police media link

Thankfully no one was hurt this time.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #43
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

And this time they where of middle eastern appearance...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #44
2bob
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW white135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Avalon
HI neighbour--im at bilgola
Bob