BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think I might come too. But not to drive... just to take photos though.

Sure David that would be great !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #46
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
I think I might come too. But not to drive... just to take photos though.
Dave...you gotta drive...when you go back to the USA and drive along at 55mph...you'll regret not driving the tracks more...this is why we own fast cars in a fast country...come on Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #47
JK135i
8:39
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Dave...you gotta drive...when you go back to the USA and drive along at 55mph...you'll regret not driving the tracks more...this is why we own fast cars in a fast country...come on Dave
      01-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #48
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I triple that motion.......
      01-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #49
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
gs/e60/1m - we also need to know the dates for low season and high season..

here's the message I just sent M Flight....

Hi M Flight,

Some of us at the 1Addicts.com forum are trying to arrange a track day at Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, located near Verviers Belgium. http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/access.php

We originally wanted to participate in the 'Public Driving Experience' but that gets too chaotic with any yahoo with a beater can drive and personally I don't want some clown smashing into my 1M. So we decided to inquire how much for a track day.

According to one of our members, gs/e60/1m who lives in Belgium, the costs to rent Spa for 1 day track at low season is € 12500 + taxes 21%. High season € 16000+taxes. The tow truck € 425 + taxes, 18 track officials € 910 and if we have more cars then would need to get 34 track officials € 1630...Track officials depending how many cars on track.

So in order to pay the same as on public driving days we'll need 70 cars but we can run an open pit lane instead of 25 minutes runs. With 40 cars, each driver will have to choke up € 413,75.

So even if we pay € 450 each for an all-day track event that includes pit lanes for us, that we sponsor and control access to...I think that's fantastic.

I also have a friend with connections to Bimmer magazine so we could shoot photos and write a story on this and maybe get submitted to the mag.

If we plan for November and low season rates, I'm pretty sure with this much lead time that we (1Addicts.com and 1erForum.de) could pull 30+ cars...do you think you could pull 40?

Here's hoping we can work together and sponsor a great track event for our international community of BMW enthusiasts.

Last edited by Rikx1M; 01-11-2012 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #50
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
I wonder if someone assigned to SHAPE in Belgium could work out a VAT exemption?

Looking at the laundry list of what is not covered (Tooth brushes ???) it does not look good.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...88362344535316

That could bring the cost down considerably.

Either way count me in for this one.
      01-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #51
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
gs/e60/1m - we also need to know the dates for low season and high season..

here's the message I just sent M Flight....

Hi M Flight,

Some of us at the 1Addicts.com forum are trying to arrange a track day at Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, located near Verviers Belgium. http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/access.php

We originally wanted to participate in the 'Public Driving Experience' but that gets too chaotic with any yahoo with a beater can drive and personally I don't want some clown smashing into my 1M. So we decided to inquire how much for a track day.

According to one of our members, gs/e60/1m who lives in Belgium, the costs to rent Spa for 1 day track at low season is € 12500 + taxes 21%. High season € 16000+taxes. The tow truck € 425 + taxes, 18 track officials € 910 and if we have more cars then would need to get 34 track officials € 1630...Track officials depending how many cars on track.

So in order to pay the same as on public driving days we'll need 70 cars but we can run an open pit lane instead of 25 minutes runs. With 40 cars, each driver will have to choke up € 413,75.

So even if we pay € 450 each for an all-day track event that includes pit lanes for us, that we sponsor and control access to...I think that's fantastic.

I also have a friend with connections to Bimmer magazine so we could shoot photos and write a story on this and maybe get submitted to the mag.

If we plan for November and low season rates, I'm pretty sure with this much lead time that we (1Addicts.com and 1erForum.de) could pull 30+ cars...do you think you could pull 40?

Here's hoping we can work together and sponsor a great track event for our international community of BMW enthusiasts.

Rick, there aren't any trackdays open for rent during high season.
Sure if you want they'll put you on a waiting list and we'll wait like ... forever

Just open the attached pdf file and see for yourself what is available.
Now, since we don't control the weather conditions where would youre preference lie : first half of March or first half of November?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Franco-cal-exploitation-2012.pdf (84.3 KB, 189 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #52
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

you think theyll let me on with a rented car?

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #53
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthebeans View Post
I wonder if someone assigned to SHAPE in Belgium could work out a VAT exemption?

Looking at the laundry list of what is not covered (Tooth brushes ???) it does not look good.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...88362344535316

That could bring the cost down considerably.

Either way count me in for this one.

Added

Way to go guys! we'll be at 40 within a month.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #54
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
you think theyll let me on with a rented car?
As long as the car comes with an insurance everything can be arranged if you know what I mean. In case one should damage track properties the driver will be held responsible and will have to pay out of his pocket. its similar to the Ring.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #55
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
As long as the car comes with an insurance everything can be arranged if you know what I mean. In case one should damage track properties the driver will be held responsible and will have to pay out of his pocket. its similar to the Ring.
Yeah my insurance covers rental cars.

When is the current date? Sorry, im too lazy to read through the thread. haha

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #56
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my insurance covers rental cars.

When is the current date? Sorry, im too lazy to read through the thread. haha

no prob date has to be settled yet between 12/13 or 14 or later in november
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #57
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
no prob date has to be settled yet between 12/13 or 14 or later in november
Ohh I thought this was gonna happen in May. Damn. I wont be here in November

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #58
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You can always join us in june when we will be doing the Davos-Stelvio event
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #59
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Hey B V i think you got this thread mixed up with the one about the Munich meet that will be held in may
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #60
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Registered for 27 March

Yesterday I registered for the Dutch BMW Club track day and today received the following email. I responded and asked how many reservations or cars could we at 1addicts.com bring. No response yet on that, I'll keep you posted.

Dear Rick,
Not in perfect Englisch but we hope you wil onderstand this conformation. A few days before the event we will send you more information about the day. If you have any questions don't hasitatet to call (06-21811006) german is than no problem.
Cheers, Nynke

We confirm your registration for free praktisch day on 27 March 2012 on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps.

Reservation number : 23
Number of car's : 1
Name : Rick B.......
To pay : € 350.00

Please pay before the 11th off February. In advance pay is obligatory. The registration is for 1 car with 1 driver. An extra driver for the same car is no problem. This can be regulated on the circuit himself for € 20 by driver. The rules which the club uses for this day will be see equal to our other days (You can find them on our internet site). At this moment we want your special attention for the following items:
- If it rains, streets or oblige rain tyers are at use.
- The car where you take part must have been clearly indicated provide with 2 toweyes.
- Every car must be able vast endure Technical Control with success.

See you on 27 March on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps!

With pleasant greetings,
BMW drivers Days
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #61
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:

I am sure we will have some new events in the Spring time once the weather gets warmer. We have had such a mild winter so far here. I am sure there are lots of guys just itching to go to the Ring or Hochenheim, ect.

Going to Spa is on everyone bucket list. Along with Stelvio, Gross Glockner, ect. Europe is so compact that BrokenVert should really just rent a car and come across the channel. Germany's Autobahns await you

BV you might also want to check out RyanAir or AirBerlin for some cheap flights over here(UK to DE). You could always rent a car at the airport. Its not unheard of to find RT flights for 40 euros.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #62
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am sure we will have some new events in the Spring time once the weather gets warmer. We have had such a mild winter so far here. I am sure there are lots of guys just itching to go to the Ring or Hochenheim, ect.

Going to Spa is on everyone bucket list. Along with Stelvio, Gross Glockner, ect. Europe is so compact that BrokenVert should really just rent a car and come across the channel. Germany's Autobahns await you

BV you might also want to check out RyanAir or AirBerlin for some cheap flights over here(UK to DE). You could always rent a car at the airport. Its not unheard of to find RT flights for 40 euros.
BMI also has good rates. Last time I went to Strasbourg I did it for 25 pounds

My plan was to rent a car go to SPA, drive around for a week and meet up with you guys in Munich the next weekend.

Im down for track events, just dont expect me to be good, its officially been 4 1/2 months since ive been in a car.

Thats how my sis and I did our Bavaria and Rhine drive back in 2009. We flew RyanAir into Frankfurt and rented a car there.

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #63
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yesterday I registered for the Dutch BMW Club track day and today received the following email. I responded and asked how many reservations or cars could we at 1addicts.com bring. No response yet on that, I'll keep you posted.

Dear Rick,
Not in perfect Englisch but we hope you wil onderstand this conformation. A few days before the event we will send you more information about the day. If you have any questions don't hasitatet to call (06-21811006) german is than no problem.
Cheers, Nynke

We confirm your registration for free praktisch day on 27 March 2012 on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps.

Reservation number : 23
Number of car's : 1
Name : Rick B.......
To pay : € 350.00

Please pay before the 11th off February. In advance pay is obligatory. The registration is for 1 car with 1 driver. An extra driver for the same car is no problem. This can be regulated on the circuit himself for € 20 by driver. The rules which the club uses for this day will be see equal to our other days (You can find them on our internet site). At this moment we want your special attention for the following items:
- If it rains, streets or oblige rain tyers are at use.
- The car where you take part must have been clearly indicated provide with 2 toweyes.
- Every car must be able vast endure Technical Control with success.

See you on 27 March on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps!

With pleasant greetings,
BMW drivers Days

So... are you going? I know of a few members from bimmerboard.be who are gauging intrest amongst the members.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #64
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Of course I'm going...already put in for vacation time After the numbers we tallied up, 350 euros is cheap.

Now to see if there is more slots available on the 27th so all interested can join me.

Haven't heard from M Flight...will keep the group posted.

R
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #65
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
Less than €420 for a track day where I pretty much know everyone? Sign me up!

My buddy from the office will probably go, depending on timing. And there's a guy on base with a CTS-V who's a track junky who would probably take a slot as well.

I'm also interested if there are any extra slots with the Belgian club, Rikx1M.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #66
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Great...Mr Kleen

gs/e60/1m...thank you for all your hard work in gathering this information. If M Flight and other clubs are interested in partnering with us, I say GREAT and let's press forward and plan a November trip to Spa. Finances will be the key issue but we got some smart guys in this forum.

For now though I think it's awesome that the BMW Drivers Club guys will let us drive with them in March and the price is right....so this is icing on the cake as we Americans like to say.

Thanks again and let's keep the energy going...in the end it's about having safe fun together in this cool international community of car lovers
Appreciate 0