Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
Definitely aren't going there as there isn't sufficient time. It'll be for another trip.
Well if the trip is going to be bounded by a 10 day time frame then I'd agree with that, both lovely places though
Lovely places for sure. Would've also like to go to Liguria as well but we have to limit to Alps, Munich and Ring.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #376
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Funnily enough read that last night, surprised the author had no idea what a CRT and ran straight past it, how can you not notice the bucket seats (F & R) and the 6 and 4 pot calipers... or maybe that isn't surprising and its just me that would have dived into the CRT first
Where as Henry Catchpole (evo) went straight for and then blagged his way on to the Nordschleife for an all to himself lap ......... It would also be mine first followed by the GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #377
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lovely places for sure. Would've also like to go to Liguria as well but we have to limit to Alps, Munich and Ring.
All the better for a second trip
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #378
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Definitely aren't going there as there isn't sufficient time. It'll be for another trip.
Add to the map Col de la Bonette, between Grenoble and Nice.....
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #379
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Highest roads in Europe:
      01-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #380
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
It was already there.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #381
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Highest roads in Europe:
According to this wiki page highest paved road in France is Cime de la Bonette at 2802m?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oads_in_Europe
      01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #382
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
According to this wiki page highest paved road in France is Cime de la Bonette at 2802m?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oads_in_Europe
Wishful thinking of the local authorities.

"«Highest road in Europe»
The two kilometre long teardrop shaped loop around the Cime de la Bonette peak (2860m) from either side of the pass is the highest paved through route in the Alps.
A signpost at the foot of the climb makes the claim «Col de la Bonette - Restefond, 2802 m above sea level, highest road in Europe». This claim is incorrect for various reasons. The actual Col de la Bonette rises to 2715 m, but there are three Alpine road passes whose altitudes are higher: Col de l'Iseran (2770 m), Stelvio Pass (2757 m) and Col Agnel (2744 m). There is also the road to Veleta (Sierra Nevada), Spain (near Granada) which reaches 3392 m but it is not a through road. The road around the Cime de la Bonette reaches an altitude of 2802 m, but this is not a "pass", but merely a scenic loop. It is, however, the highest asphalted road in France and is the highest through road in Europe."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Col_de_la_Bonette

Name:  ColdelaBonette.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  65.4 KB
      03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #383
Kevinovski
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M coupe

Garage List
2012 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Hm, sounds tempting, Dackel.

Guys, if you plan to head for Stelvio again this Summer, then it's definitely worth considering to extend the trip a bit further down South the Dolomites for a Garda Lake round trip (pre-Alps - Northern Italy). You're in the area anyway with your cars, so benefit from that unique occasion. Will be a fond memory for future story-telling. Our non-European forum fellows must eat their hearts out that we can manage to roam the roads and towns at that exquisite location.

It normally takes about 2.5 hours to get from Stelvio to Trento (160 km) (Northern Italy) by car. Then heading (with a full fuel tank) from Trento southwestwards towards Sarche (for a stop at the lovely Castel Toblino bar/restaurant - an extraordinary scenic location to have a drink or get some food), further southwards towards Riva del Garda (Northern point of the Garda Lake). Then start the Garda Lake round trip anti-clockwise: at Riva del Garda take the westside leg southwards towards Peschiera del Garda (Southern point of the Garda Lake). Subsequently take the eastside leg northwards (other half). Should you want to skip the eastside leg (in the unlikely event of bad weather, lack of time, feeling tired or road too crowded), you can decide to take the highway at Peschiera del Garda either heading West (direction of Milan) or East (direction of Verona / Padova / Venice) or back North (direction of Trento / Bolzano / Innsbruck).

If the Garda Lake round trip is too loaded to combine in one day with the Stelvio as schedule, then spend a night in the Trento whereabouts and schedule the next day for the Garda Lake round trip. Eventually you can have dinner in the Northern area of the Garda Lake and get back to the Trento whereabouts for spending a second night. Next morning with fresh energy the return trip: heading North (highway) from Trento towards the Austrian border (± 150 km), across Austria and subsequently the German Autobahn again.

On a sunny day touring around the Garda Lake is truly a joy for all senses. Scenic, curving lake roads with plenty of small tunnels (vroom-vroom ). Even if temperatures are high (normally 30-35°C in the Summer season), you still got the lake breeze. During the weekend the road can be pretty crowded, as you may expect.

I toured that road already plenty of times with my wife's DD, just for the fun of enjoying life. Yeah, I got a soft spot for that area. This trip might be the right excuse to sell the story to my wife to take the 1M from Belgium to Northern Italy for a few days.

Attachment 810260
Attachment 810261

Here's my sweet pie back in April 2008 in her ///M(axi-Cosi) in Riva del Garda:
Attachment 810263

A winter picture I took from the scenic 'Castel Toblino' (Sarche) back in 2005 (as mentioned above, it has a bar and restaurant - for a virtual tour: http://www.trentinovirtualtour.it/casteltoblino [click on 'foto' to change]):
Attachment 810250

Some Garda Lake impressions:

The Aston Martin pursuit opening scene of the James Bond movie "Quantum Of Solace" partially shot on the Garda Lake road:

Here's a guy following that James Bond trail:

Conclusion: consider a "Quantum of ///M" extension to the "Stelvio 2.0" journey.

Oke fine, I will follow...!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #384
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Ended up fitting the BMW Performance carbon mirror covers, must say they do not look half bad.....

Not my pics as I have not got about taking any, so thanks to those who had at the last PistonHeads Sunday Service @ Silverstone.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #385
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Awesome. Been contemplating the CF mirror caps.... might just have to source some now. Same 'weave' as the OEM CF rear spoiler?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #386
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Exactly the same weave as the boot spoiler, also matches the Alpha N diffuser I have fitted.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #387
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks great.

Must admit you are doing the things that i have planned for mine.

Where did you get the mirrors from and what kind of price?

Also been looking at your H&S rear exhaust... do they do a centre section too? rather than a N55 maybe.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #388
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMcA View Post
Looks great.

Must admit you are doing the things that i have planned for mine.

Where did you get the mirrors from and what kind of price?

Also been looking at your H&S rear exhaust... do they do a centre section too? rather than a N55 maybe.
Thanks mate,

I picked up the from a member on here for a great price, rrp is something like £430 for the pair, I paid £285, so a bit hard to knock back really.

As for the H&S system, give Ian a call as I know he can make you up the midpipes, we had discussed that when I dropped my car off for the axle back, he may just need your car for a few days or a stock midpipe to measure up against, I was happy to stick with the n55 mids as I already had it fitted, quality though of their pipe work is spot on.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #389
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Everything fits in your car, you always put the right stuff, best AW 1M!

Since your car's looks are so complete I really think you should consider doing the "Dan Parker" mod, covering the tiny painted part under the air curtains with an overlay/tape etc. It catches my eye more in your car because of the front spoiler you have I guess

Here is Dan Parker points and side creases covered with Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen product overlay on my car:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...t+Sunday+Chile
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #390
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Oooo good deal.

Think I may have to hassle my dealer and see what sort of a discount they can do.

I have had H&S full systems on my Impreza and Impreza P1, so know their quality is very good.

I'll give Ian a call and see what he says.

Who did you roof wrap BTW?... Looks very good. Had it on the list to do the same. Always liked that look after I had my M3 CSL. May go for the carbon look and try and match the OEM boot spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #391
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Aussie, I think these mirrors would look even better if you painted the mirror stalks in white just like the M3 Alpine edition. It needs this to make the mirrors stand out by giving them some contrast. Anybody got a picture of one showing this?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #392
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Made a mistake see next post
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #393
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67501
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #394
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Nah I think it looks better all black. I like the contrast of materials too.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #395
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMcA
Nah I think it looks better all black. I like the contrast of materials too.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #396
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post

Appreciate 0