BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-21-2014, 04:21 AM   #1
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Way OT: Wheely Clean

Not a BM, sorry but more about the outcome than the brand of car

Before:

After:

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 04:27 AM   #2
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

You polished your rims and callipers with wax paint protector???

Anyway it worked lol.
      04-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #3
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Love those rims!

Do the coilovers come standard on the AMG black's?!?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 04:33 AM   #4
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
You polished your rims and callipers with wax paint protector???

Anyway it worked lol.
As per the manufacturers recommendations, also helps repel brake dust, allegedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
Love those rims!

Do the coilovers come standard on the AMG black's?!?
Yep only with the CLK Blacks (AFAIK), adjustable little babies, there's even a special "tool" in the boot that comes with the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 04:39 AM   #5
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

While we have an OT thread.

Whats the CLK63 like to drive and live with? can you feel all the money? Assuming you had a 1 series how do they compare? does it make the 1 series feel like a korean car?

Last edited by ItsHectic; 04-21-2014 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 05:10 AM   #6
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
I've used Wheely Clean since I first encountered BMW pads. Great stuff.

@ItsHectic - Hyundai do a better interior than a pre-FL 1-series, no need to drive the CLK63.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #7
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
While we have an OT thread.

Whats the CLK63 like to drive and live with? can you feel all the money? Assuming you had a 1 series how do they compare? does it make the 1 series feel like a korean car?
As a daily it's a blast, sure pita to climb in and out of the seats, it has no parking sensors but the sound and torque neutralise those small negatives. It sucks the 98 though

You can't compare a 1 series to this car, not even my previous modded 1M, as great as it was. Remember the 1M was a third of the price of the BS when they were both new. Not cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
I've used Wheely Clean since I first encountered BMW pads. Great stuff.

@ItsHectic - Hyundai do a better interior than a pre-FL 1-series, no need to drive the CLK63.
I made the term "wheely clean" up, is that the name of a brand of wheel cleaner? if it is lol. I used Final Inspections Wheel Clean then FI's Full Metal Jacket (nano tech stuff) once they were dried off.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 06:44 AM   #8
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

The only car better than mine I have driven is a Gallardo and I could not feel the money at all. But I know a CLK63 is more well rounded and more expensive still, I dont want to drive a Porsche or AMG cause I think it will ruin my perception of my own car and I could never afford one near new except perhaps a boxster or C63.

So I think about it on occasion, I know they use much better suspension, exhaust, lighter materials, better leather, but then I think I cant imagine more communicative steering, better brake feel and the rest that could justify a high price, unless EVERYTHING was completely faultless which I doubt. For example the armrests in my A200 are too low.
      04-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #9
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

I cleaned 20 wheels plus inside outside of their cars the last 3 days. None as good looking as yours
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
The only car better than mine I have driven is a Gallardo and I could not feel the money at all. But I know a CLK63 is more well rounded and more expensive still, I dont want to drive a Porsche or AMG cause I think it will ruin my perception of my own car and I could never afford one near new except perhaps a boxster or C63.

So I think about it on occasion, I know they use much better suspension, exhaust, lighter materials, better leather, but then I think I cant imagine more communicative steering, better brake feel and the rest that could justify a high price, unless EVERYTHING was completely faultless which I doubt. For example the armrests in my A200 are too low.
You drove a Gallardo and could not feel the money at all (whatever that meant lol)? I've driven Gallardos for hundreds of kilometres on the road and hundreds of kilometres on the track, and I sure as hell think they are worth the money especially the Superleggeras.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
You drove a Gallardo and could not feel the money at all (whatever that meant lol)? I've driven Gallardos for hundreds of kilometres on the road and hundreds of kilometres on the track, and I sure as hell think they are worth the money especially the Superleggeras.
I meant it does not feel like its worth or costs 400k. I raced my friends lightly tuned HSV R8 from a rolling start and lost for some reason, maybe I am just a shit driver but being auto it was pretty straight forward what I had to do.
I found the interior was poor quality but keep in mind I was too scared to push the car anywhere near its limits handling wise, not long after I rented it I saw it on my friends tow truck crashed.
      04-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #12
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
As a daily it's a blast, sure pita to climb in and out of the seats, it has no parking sensors but the sound and torque neutralise those small negatives. It sucks the 98 though

You can't compare a 1 series to this car, not even my previous modded 1M, as great as it was. Remember the 1M was a third of the price of the BS when they were both new. Not cricket.

I made the term "wheely clean" up, is that the name of a brand of wheel cleaner? if it is lol. I used Final Inspections Wheel Clean then FI's Full Metal Jacket (nano tech stuff) once they were dried off.

Lol yeah, bowdens make it. I don't use their wax but don't mind the wheel cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #13
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
+1 Bowden Wheel cleaners - similar to OEM BMW Wheel cleaners aka Sonax, the wheel cleaner liquid turns colour from yellow to red once it is ready for a rinse. Unfortunately I can't find any supplier that stocks Sonax, been using Bowden (Aussie company) for a while and very happy with the result.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:04 AM   #14
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post

Great work John.
I also use the FI products (thanks to you!). What did you use on the inner wheel wells (guards)? Or are they just that clean!
Did you use FI Jaffa?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:36 AM   #15
PeteA
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30, E82

OooooOooOo factory coil overs with external reservoir.
      04-22-2014, 02:57 AM   #16
ItsHectic
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteA View Post
OooooOooOo
      04-22-2014, 04:21 AM   #17
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Great work John.
I also use the FI products (thanks to you!). What did you use on the inner wheel wells (guards)? Or are they just that clean!
Did you use FI Jaffa?
Thanks Ian.

I ran out of Jaffa, so used some of the Wheel Clean, figured it couldn't hurt the innerguards are very clean, remember this thing has only just clocked 7000ks and has seen VERY little rain so cleans up well. If it looks like rain, I pinch the Mrs car
Appreciate 0