ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY79 View Post
Thats great!!!

I am having my rear system installed on Friday.

Please post the diference between the rear system vs the full system in sound and performance.

By the way, are the tips of the remus bigger than stock? if so, how much bigger?

Thanks and congrats on the new mod!
+1, the difference between the two systems are important; I want to decide if I better go with N55 mids or with Remus race pipe.

About the tips: they say the tips are 84 mm diameter in their web site, the stocks are 78 mm if I remember correctly (I asked this before to Evolve).

And miula: your car is stock or already has other mods on?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #68
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 1M 2012 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
+1, the difference between the two systems are important; I want to decide if I better go with N55 mids or with Remus race pipe.

About the tips: they say the tips are 84 mm diameter in their web site, the stocks are 78 mm if I remember correctly (I asked this before to Evolve).

Thanks for the info about the tips. That sounds about right.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #69
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY79
Thats great!!!

I am having my rear system installed on Friday.

Please post the diference between the rear system vs the full system in sound and performance.

By the way, are the tips of the remus bigger than stock? if so, how much bigger?

Thanks and congrats on the new mod!
The tips are about 1/4 inch wider but fit well without any trimming needed...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #70
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo

It's pretty much stock other than esthetic stuff (LUX V3, black kidney grills, etc)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #71
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
It's pretty much stock other than esthetic stuff (LUX V3, black kidney grills, etc)
Perfect! Will make your review even more relevant for me and for others with a stock 1M. Looking fwd to hear your impressions soon, enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #72
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
UPDATE: Done 400km's now on Remus + MadDads....difinitely a difference to first fitment. It is very loud on cold start, nice and subtle in mid rev range between 2000-3500, there after exotic & LOUD! Great burble over-run! Barks & screams on any WOT.
Soundclip,soundclip,soundclip,.....
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #73
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE: Done 400km's now on Remus + MadDads....difinitely a difference to first fitment. It is very loud on cold start, nice and subtle in mid rev range between 2000-3500, there after exotic & LOUD! Great burble over-run! Barks & screams on any WOT.
Thanks for the updates.

Any plan on DPs or would it be too much in your opinion?
How is the throttle response and feel, especially in non-M mode?
Any noticeable gain in +6000 rpm (desire to hit the rev limiter-wise)?
If you make a sound clip please add some time with the car idling.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #74
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

I got the Remus installed today

The sound is only a little deeper now but I know it will get louder after some kms. But it growls more.

Looks great on my AW.

I will post a review later after some kms. and will post pics. I haven't seen any pics of AW with this system.

Cant wait for it to get louder!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #75
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Did you do the mid pipes?
No, only the rear.

I am thinking about the mid pipes...

Anyone has them?

What are the diferences between only rear and rear and mids?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Anyone with Remus rear + Remus race mids?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #77
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

[QUOTE=Ian///M;12082229]Mids will give you more power (+10rwHP). Much deeper & aggressive noise.

I do feel the remus needs a bit more noise... I only have like 400 km now. Im not sure how much more will it open up.

Anyone know this?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #78
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Anyone with Remus rear + Remus race mids?
I believe I am going to be the first one to have the full system installed because the mid-pipes were back ordered. They are sitting in my living room as I type and are due to be installed Monday at 12:30 pm by Turner Motorsports. I will post an update when I get back from the shop Monday night...

Quote:
I do feel the remus needs a bit more noise... I only have like 400 km now. Im not sure how much more will it open up.

Anyone know this?
My system opened up considerably after a few hundred miles and a couple of weeks; enough that I can see people turning around to figure out what's going on around town. I don't recall exactly how many miles but it did take some driving around. Right now it is loud enough that I am little worried it might get too loud and borderline obnoxious when the mid-pipes go on Monday...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #79
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
I believe I am going to be the first one to have the full system installed because the mid-pipes were back ordered. They are sitting in my living room as I type and are due to be installed Monday at 12:30 pm by Turner Motorsports. I will post an update when I get back from the shop Monday night...

My system opened up considerably after a few hundred miles and a couple of weeks; enough that I can see people turning around to figure out what's going on around town. I don't recall exactly how many miles but it did take some driving around. Right now it is loud enough that I am little worried it might get too loud and borderline obnoxious when the mid-pipes go on Monday...
Thanks, looking fwd to reading your impressions with the new set up.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #80
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

[QUOTE=Ian///M;12083378]
Quote:

I have done 400 too... seems settled. Mids make biggest difference.
how much of a diference did the mids made? sound wise?
Is it a lot lowder? or just diferent?
how much are the mids?

thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #81
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

[QUOTE=Ian///M;12088822]
Quote:

Mids will make the biggest difference in power (+10rwHP) and noise. I have MadDads which give a deep noise. Muffler has deepened it further and added resonance. See my videos.

IMO it is more important to do the mids than the muffler... I primarily did the muffler, some months after doing the mids, to reduce the drone and for the looks.

HPA sell MadDad mids for around $700, although big back orders on them now.
Thanks for the info!
I have seen your videos many times. Its just hard for me sometimes to really know who it would sounds in person.

Im still thinking about the mid pipes. But I would probably install the remus ones.

Does anybody know the diference between the MadDad and the remus mids?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #82
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

[QUOTE=IZZY79;12091497]
Quote:

Thanks for the info!
I have seen your videos many times. Its just hard for me sometimes to really know who it would sounds in person.

Im still thinking about the mid pipes. But I would probably install the remus ones.

Does anybody know the diference between the MadDad and the remus mids?
I am waiting miula to post his review about Remus mids. In the meantime, I know that Maddad is with two small resonators (instead of one big in N55 or 1M's) plus no cats. I think the Remus mids are with no cats and no resonators, straight pipe but I stand corrected.

Here a link:

http://www.remus.eu/shop-pkw/bmw/1-s...-aau-2007.html
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #83
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=ozinaldo;12092179]
Quote:

I am waiting miula to post his review about Remus mids. In the meantime, I know that Maddad is with two small resonators (instead of one big in N55 or 1M's) plus no cats. I think the Remus mids are with no cats and no resonators, straight pipe but I stand corrected.

Here a link:

The Remus racing replacement tube has no secondary cats and/or muffler. It is literally a racing tube coated in black ceramic paint. It also does not have a flange and thus only works with the Remus Street Race exhaust; you actually have to remove the flange that adapts the exhaust to the stock mid-pipes and connect the Racing tube straight into the Remus muffler.

Video is uploading as I type, update coming soon!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #84
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

[QUOTE=ozinaldo;12092179]
Quote:

Here a link:

Yeah I am waiting for Miula´s viedo too.

With what you say, I bet the remus midpipes would make it very loud. Maybe too loud?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #85
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs up UPDATE

The Remus Racing Replacement Tube is installed and LOUD!!!

But first I have to apologize to everyone because the pictures I took during the install and the comparison of the stock and Remus mid-pipes are not going to be available since I totally forgot to put a memory card on my camera; oops...

They are non-resonated, un-cated, stainless steel, black ceramic coated mid-pipes that look just like the picture below from the Remus website. They feel dramatically lighter than the stock pipes but I was unable to weigh them; but I could easily lug around the Remus tube and yet had a tough time carrying and storing the stock, I would guess at least a couple of pounds lighter because of the cat, muffler and flange delete.

Keep in mind that these mid-pipes do not have a flange to connect them to the factory cat-back exhaust and thus you wouldn't be able to install these by themselves like the N55 mid's. The Remus exhaust has a flange that is removable in order to connect it directly to the racing tube and the whole exhaust system bolts directly to the flanges on the factory DP.

Without further ado, here is the updated video adding the full system to the comparison and thus you have stock vs. Remus cat-back vs. full system. For some reason the difference is barely noticeable on the video (I guess camera mic. restriction) but in person there is a dramatic difference in dB and tone. It gargles much more, it is much louder and DOES DRONE SLIGHTLY between 1900 - 2100 rpm, however it bothers me less during highway driving; I assume it has less restriction and thus less resonance. However if drone drives you nuts I would stay away from this setup although it is much less drone than the stock setup...

If anybody is in or around Boston and wants to see/hear it, just let me know...

Once again thanks to Marco and the crew @ Turner Motorsports for a flawless job and to the guys at **********s for making sure I got the mid-pipes after all...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #86
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep

Thanks a lot for the video and info! I dont know what I would do without this type of reviews.. Very usefull and toughtfull. so thanks.

You are right, you cant really tell so much diference on the video. On your comments about the sound, you never say if you like the sound it makes with the full system.
So? How is it?

oh, and how much are the mid pipes? I couldnt find them online..

I installed my remus last friday (only rear) and I have 400 km already. I feel the sound could be a little bit louder... Thats why I am considering the mids but I dont want it to be crazy loud.

Would you say its 5%, 10%, 15% louder with mids?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #87
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Thanks a lot for the write-up and video. Now I am feeling that maybe Remus exhaust plus N55 mids can be a good solution for people like me who doesn't want it that loud but with maximum benefits.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #88
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the video and info! I dont know what I would do without this type of reviews.. Very usefull and toughtfull. so thanks.

You are right, you cant really tell so much diference on the video. On your comments about the sound, you never say if you like the sound it makes with the full system.
So? How is it?

oh, and how much are the mid pipes? I couldnt find them online..

I installed my remus last friday (only rear) and I have 400 km already. I feel the sound could be a little bit louder... Thats why I am considering the mids but I dont want it to be crazy loud.

Would you say its 5%, 10%, 15% louder with mids?
I would say it is at least 20% - 30% louder if not more with the mid-pipe!!! The video really doesn't do it justice. On WOT on the road the sound is just unreal!!!

I am going to try and get some better video/sound on the weekend...

I paid $676.80 for the mid-pipes through the **********s group buy. I believe they are about $100 more than that usually. A couple of vendors on the classifieds section have them listed. PM if you need my vendor's contact info.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the write-up and video. Now I am feeling that maybe Remus exhaust plus N55 mids can be a good solution for people like me who doesn't want it that loud but with maximum benefits.
The Remus and N55 mid's is a great combo from what I hear; but it will be loud just not as loud and crazy as the full Remus system...
Appreciate 0