BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Looking at a 1M, does it have any history here?

Hi all, I've been on E90post for a while but this is my first time venturing into 1Addicts territory! I'm currently driving an Audi RS5 but its overly stiff suspension setup, coupled with its 4,000lbs+ weight, and somewhat jerky S-Tronic transmission, has me realizing that it is not the driving experience I had hoped for. It's a looker, it sounds great, but its driving dynamics constantly let the driver down.

I am looking at a 1M to rectify the situation, as it is considerably lighter, has more torque, is RWD, and has a 6-speed manual. The fun factor will be much higher in the BMW. I previously had a 2007 335i coupe and really loved the N54, and the driving dynamics of the car overall, but it was steptronic.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I have a 1M that has been reserved and is being shipped to my nearest CarMax dealer from Sacramento. I wanted to say hi, and see if anyone here knows this particular car.

It's a 2-owner car (first owner leased the car then bought it so CarFax reports it as a 3-owner), and has 40,000 miles on it.

VIN: WBSUR9C52BVP76082

Name:  1mcarmax.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  45.2 KB

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
white08135i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08e90335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by King335i View Post
Hi all, I've been on E90post for a while but this is my first time venturing into 1Addicts territory! I'm currently driving an Audi RS5 but its overly stiff suspension setup, coupled with its 4,000lbs+ weight, and somewhat jerky S-Tronic transmission, has me realizing that it is not the driving experience I had hoped for. It's a looker, it sounds great, but its driving dynamics constantly let the driver down.

I am looking at a 1M to rectify the situation, as it is considerably lighter, has more torque, is RWD, and has a 6-speed manual. The fun factor will be much higher in the BMW. I previously had a 2007 335i coupe and really loved the N54, and the driving dynamics of the car overall, but it was steptronic.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I have a 1M that has been reserved and is being shipped to my nearest CarMax dealer from Sacramento. I wanted to say hi, and see if anyone here knows this particular car.

It's a 2-owner car (first owner leased the car then bought it so CarFax reports it as a 3-owner), and has 40,000 miles on it.

VIN: WBSUR9C52BVP76082

Attachment 1112466
Good luck on the car. Im sure youll have lots of fun in it.

BTW. My brother just saw a white 1m today in sacramento.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
wobbles1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M #541

How much did you pick it up for?
I can tell you this. it is #183 of 741 in USA. was made on 5-6-11
183 76082 5/2011 1 USA E82 (M) Alpinweiss 3 (300) VP76082,5/16/2011
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 03:18 AM   #4
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

I test drove this car tonight at the Clackamas store and I was wondering why the person who transfered it up didn't buy it

The car drove pretty well but had a few error messages on the dash. The active cornering lights threw an error and the passenger side door seemed to have a funny sound when closing it. I have a feeling that maybe the battery died at some point.

Overall the car drove very well and it affirmed my desire to get a 1M but just not this one. Had normal wear for a 40k mileage car but I think I want one with less mileage.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixeight
I test drove this car tonight at the Clackamas store and I was wondering why the person who transfered it up didn't buy it

The car drove pretty well but had a few error messages on the dash. The active cornering lights threw an error and the passenger side door seemed to have a funny sound when closing it. I have a feeling that maybe the battery died at some point.

Overall the car drove very well and it affirmed my desire to get a 1M but just not this one. Had normal wear for a 40k mileage car but I think I want one with less mileage.
it all depends on upkeep and condition...not necessarily mileage. I ended up buying a 1M with 35k miles on but was waaay nicer than some of the other cars I'd seen with 15k miles. just takes some time finding the right car!

you will LOVE the 1M though....so you're making the right choice!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
onesixeight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
it all depends on upkeep and condition...not necessarily mileage. I ended up buying a 1M with 35k miles on but was waaay nicer than some of the other cars I'd seen with 15k miles. just takes some time finding the right car!

you will LOVE the 1M though....so you're making the right choice!
You are totally correct. There are cars with lower mileage but trashed.

It just makes me wonder why CarMax didn't take it to a dealer to get the issues sorted out before selling the car. Now every perspective owner is going to give it a second thought with the errors.

I'm just being hopeful that maybe they will lower the price on it!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:24 AM   #7
noiox8
Rep
Drives: 2013 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixeight View Post
You are totally correct. There are cars with lower mileage but trashed.

It just makes me wonder why CarMax didn't take it to a dealer to get the issues sorted out before selling the car. Now every perspective owner is going to give it a second thought with the errors.

I'm just being hopeful that maybe they will lower the price on it!
Hey man, what do you think of the car after the test-drive? I got there on Thursday evening to take a drive, and found out the bolts don't fit the wheels (too long) and the previous owners probably trashed the tires so it doesn't come with OEM tires. Overall I wouldn't consider the car's condition as ideal, especially for 52k asking price.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
onesixeight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiox8 View Post
Hey man, what do you think of the car after the test-drive? I got there on Thursday evening to take a drive, and found out the bolts don't fit the wheels (too long) and the previous owners probably trashed the tires so it doesn't come with OEM tires. Overall I wouldn't consider the car's condition as ideal, especially for 52k asking price.
Yea, one of the younger guys said, "oh someone came by yesterday (I went on Fri) and test drove the car."

The bolts are studs which typically stick out. Usually people who swap wheels often use studs vs bolts which have less of a chance of stripping the threading. With that said, the car was likely tracked and had a different set of wheels for track use.

I saw the tires too, they had Bridgestone Potenza tires. I figured with the mileage, the owner must have gone though a couple of sets of tires by now.

But at the end, I though the interior of the car was worn and not worth the 52k price. The car still felt good mechanically but I want something where the interior is in better shape.
Appreciate 0