BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
oliver1234
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 1m coupe

lucky me!

I was about to change my 125m sport covert for a 135m sport coupe with new auto box full spec and full bmw proformance parts ie seats, alloys , brakes ect ect ex demo 10 months old for 34k

BUT managed to come across a brand new full spec 1m cancelled order so i have been told last in the uk i found out about it 11.00 friday and by 12.00 1k was down and im getting it wednesday it was alot more money than i wanted to pay but soon as the dealer sent me some pics i had to have it!!!!

my question to you all is my throughts are if i keep it a year or so look after it dont do many miles i wont lose lots of money ???? im thinking less then i would of on the 135??

since buying it i have seen only amazing reviews and the fact i will be 1 of only 450 in the uk must mean something ohhhh and to think only 300 in the us !!!

looking forward to some responce

oliver
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Oliver, bro. First off, congrats! Hell of an impulse purchase.

And I would say, conventionally, you'd lose more. You're spending more, way more considering what you were going to get. So in theory the first year, the 15-20% depreciation hit would be more than the used car you were looking at which would depreciate maybe 10% on less value (so less "value" lost).

But then as you know, this isn't a conventional car. There may be a good chance the car retains it's value fairly well in the first couple of years. Especially if BMW stands firm on the one and done until the new M2 and there aren't any more of these cars to purchase.

But don't make the mistake that this is some sort of investment. Plan to make a profit in a year? I can think of other ways to do that.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1234 View Post
I was about to change my 125m sport covert for a 135m sport coupe with new auto box full spec and full bmw proformance parts ie seats, alloys , brakes ect ect ex demo 10 months old for 34k

BUT managed to come across a brand new full spec 1m cancelled order so i have been told last in the uk i found out about it 11.00 friday and by 12.00 1k was down and im getting it wednesday it was alot more money than i wanted to pay but soon as the dealer sent me some pics i had to have it!!!!

my question to you all is my throughts are if i keep it a year or so look after it dont do many miles i wont lose lots of money ???? im thinking less then i would of on the 135??

since buying it i have seen only amazing reviews and the fact i will be 1 of only 450 in the uk must mean something ohhhh and to think only 300 in the us !!!

looking forward to some responce

oliver
US is getting at least 800.

Sorry if this seems rude but is English not your first language?
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0