BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #23
turbomzi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
congrats turbo mzi.... be careful from 18 wheelers on the interstate.
definitely gotta watch for the big rigs
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #24
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
even better than the pictures
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecord View Post
i might have to go at night and steal all your fenders/bumpers and drivetrain..but dont worry i will leave it on jack stands..but seriously come and get it. i am sick of looking at it everyday it makes me jealous.

nice car and i hope you love it.
If I had the chance to pick it up right when it got unloaded, I would have...

Make sure when you steal everything, nobody at least runs it hard while sitting on the lot

getmetnow hopefully will watch it
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
getmetnow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomzi View Post
Definitely post them here when you do

You work there?
Nope. Just live real close to the dealership. Ran out of time today to get more pics for you. Will try tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #27
getmetnow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If I had the chance to pick it up right when it got unloaded, I would have...

Make sure when you steal everything, nobody at least runs it hard while sitting on the lot

getmetnow hopefully will watch it
I sure will.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #28
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Just to let you know only 1 person has driven your car for PDI. The dealer has been really strict and not let any techs salesmen etc drive it figured I'd give you more good news
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
Just to let you know only 1 person has driven your car for PDI. The dealer has been really strict and not let any techs salesmen etc drive it figured I'd give you more good news
was just joking.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #30
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmetnow View Post
Nope. Just live real close to the dealership. Ran out of time today to get more pics for you. Will try tomorrow.
Did you get the pics?

I am going in less than 48 hours ... can't wait
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #31
getmetnow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Did you get the pics?

I am going in less than 48 hours ... can't wait
Ran out of time today. I'm off to LA tomorrow. Enjoy the pickup on Sat. I have to wait for mine still.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #32
turbomzi
Private
Rep

Now in the Garage :)

I finally got back from the super long drive (1100+ miles) and let me tell you that this car can be a cruiser

The ride is a bit stiff, but not harsh enough that will make you extra tired, it is the perfect balance between great handling and ride quality, IMO.

The roads in FL were pretty straight and flat, but since I had to vary the RPM and speed for break-in or to avoid improper break-in, I did not notice the boredom, lots of down shifts.

One thing I did notice however, is the sheer excitement this car brings to the table. It is very sharp, you tell it where to go and before you know it has exceeded your expectations. When you put your foot down and the torque boost kicks in (you will definitely feel it), you are pressed hard against the seat (a lot of fun ) I thought this car would be great, but it is beyond excellent, definitely for the price, very surprising amount power in this little beast.

The color is certainly something to look forward to when you know you are going to drive your car. I wanted to get the AW (had one on order), but found this one that was all ordered and past production so I went for it thinking, it will be okay. As I spend more time looking at it, it makes me smile even more everytime (it grows on you very quickly and you will love the color!)

One bad thing is the Xzylon paint protection, while it makes it easier to clean the car when it's dirty or the car gets longer to get dirty (no need to wash my car when I got back, the pictures with M3 are after the trip and simple wipe to get rid of all the bugs), but they put that stuff on the wheels, and the wheels attract the road grim and brake dust more because of it, so when I used the wheel cleaner (Royal Brown), it worked on the M3 very well, but on mine, it didn't because the wheels were greasy so it couldn't get the dirt off so that was a downside.

Now time for some pictures along the way and after the trip with the legendary M3.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0