Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #90
mpiligrim
M-addict
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 e92 Laguna seca, M5 f90 Com

Garage List
Just ordered, will be able to give my review in 1,5 months only doubt I have, would it be so good on the racetrack? Just purchased 530d xDrive touring in m-pack, so my 1m now mostly runs on the weekends and trackdays.
BMW M5 F90 Comp Peridot Green '19
BMW 1M Valencia Orange '11 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #91
amigo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i AW,Coral red,Msport,09

Thank you. THANK YOU!!! Aussie in London. I have been agonizing for years [09 135i] about what to do. This is it. Going to order this week.
I only got on to the 1M section by mistake too.
I owe you a pint!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #92
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Review BimmerToday indicates Sport+ closest to OEM!?

http://www.bimmertoday.de/2012/05/09...pe/#more-53720

There is a growing diversity of reviews. Just underneath the picture the author Benny (that seems to have access to KW product manager) indicates the Sport+ setting as closest to the OEM setting.

That's a new one!?

What do the owners & other reviewers think about the setting closest to OEM?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #93
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo View Post
Thank you. THANK YOU!!! Aussie in London. I have been agonizing for years [09 135i] about what to do. This is it. Going to order this week.
I only got on to the 1M section by mistake too.
I owe you a pint!
No worries, well worth it ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
http://www.bimmertoday.de/2012/05/09...pe/#more-53720

There is a growing diversity of reviews. Just underneath the picture the author Benny (that seems to have access to KW product manager) indicates the Sport+ setting as closest to the OEM setting.

That's a new one!?

What do the owners & other reviewers think about the setting closest to OEM?

Ah hell NO, even sports is slightly firmer than oem but very close of the 3, sports+ is well to much for around my way, my access road along the edge of the Thames is undulating to the point of 20mph and oem was nigh on fine at that speed, sports is a little to much and best suited to comfort, but no, sports+ is anything near oem!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #94
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

In my view, Sport+ was excellent at the Magny-Cours track last month, but as my installer put it: "It's simply too hard for road use", certainly if you run 19in wheels. Sport mode is great on a decent road, and very close to OEM. About Comfort, well, I drove this afternoon the 318d of a friend with 16in wheels and found it very similar to my Baby-M in Comfort mode ...
The article in Performance BMW sums it up real good !
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #95
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Recently started playing with the i-phone's KW app to tune the suspension set-up. What a revelation ! It showed me that the 3 basic modes are fine, but you need just a few seconds to set it up EXACTELY to your taste. It's totally personal of course, but since the beginning, I've always found the standard Comfort mode really a little too soft and wallowy. So instead of the 0% firmness of the Comfort, I now use 5% when I'm just warming up, or on a bad road. It's surprising how much difference that makes in body control !
Otherwise, as we know thanks to Eeghie, the Sport mode is equivalent to 33% percent firmness. Sport mode is also roughly equivalent to an OEM 1M's standard ride firmness. And to many of us, including me, it's still a tad too firm for most roads. So I started for searching for the "ideal" B-road set-up, and found a sweet compromise at 20% firmness. Remember that I drive in Belgium: a scandinavian/german/swiss/austrian B-road would most probably have a better surface, allowing easily 30% or even 40% to be used. I keep this kind of settings for highway driving, and 50% or more for track days ...
Appreciate 0