BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

CCW Classics mounted!

Specs:
7.5 front et 32
9 rear et 44
Comp grey centers, polished lips
Close to factory, I kept the original tires and mounted them on these wheels. Sits flush with the fenders.

Now all I need is about an inch drop!
      04-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
newnmpr0ved
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 Honda Civic Si, 17 BMW M4

a drop would really set those wheels off
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Stig'sM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Car looks really clean.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the fuzz about the CCWs, is it that they are light weight or is it their looks? Do you happen to know the weight of these wheels? Thanks

Polished wheel looks great with the silver btw.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by egt135i View Post
Car looks really clean.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the fuzz about the CCWs, is it that they are light weight or is it their looks? Do you happen to know the weight of these wheels? Thanks

Polished wheel looks great with the silver btw.
Thanks! I love the polished lip...

CCW's have always been my favorite wheel, I just never had the means to purchase a set. I think they are around 18 lbs....someone correct me if I am wrong.
Lightweight, custom, 3 piece wheel for under $3,000 is a great deal in my mind.
      04-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Stig'sM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Definitely compliments the car, great buy!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
135IS
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M

Garage List
2009 135i  [7.00]
weak
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow another CCWs on the 1er. So how many total now? We should open the hread which all CCWs owner chime in with the of their ride and spec. I ordered mine and it wont be here until mid may ;(
Your car look great with CCWs. CCWs classic is one of the best looking wheels. About drop, i have an extra set of H&R super sport springs BNIB will post for sale soon if you interest. I installed on mine and have pics if you want to see how it sit.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfly View Post
Wow another CCWs on the 1er. So how many total now? We should open the hread which all CCWs owner chime in with the of their ride and spec. I ordered mine and it wont be here until mid may ;(
Your car look great with CCWs. CCWs classic is one of the best looking wheels. About drop, i have an extra set of H&R super sport springs BNIB will post for sale soon if you interest. I installed on mine and have pics if you want to see how it sit.
Yeah I would be interested to see how many people have ccws on their 1.

It would be great to see a picture of your car on h&r. I have heard the ride quality is better with the eibach pro kit though?
      04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post
Yeah I would be interested to see how many people have ccws on their 1.

It would be great to see a picture of your car on h&r. I have heard the ride quality is better with the eibach pro kit though?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Most functional setup I've seen so far ahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
going off road?

Matthew Gallop: '12 N55 Mods: JB4 Flex ISO | iCarbon DP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | Race Axleback | ST Coils | Alufelgen CS7's | iCarbon 3 fin Diffuser |
Blackline LCI | CarbonFiber Spoiler | Orion v4 AE's | 30% tint | red+blk roundels | Cyba Scoops | H-Style front Lip | WeissLicht LED Smoked Sidemarkers | Matte Grills | Coded |
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADLOCK View Post
going off road?
As I said in my original post, I getting some lower springs.

any ideas? I want an inch drop
      04-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post
As I said in my original post, I getting some lower springs.

any ideas? I want an inch drop
I got some H&R BNiB haha
H&R super sport like 2 inch drop though. Right now i am on stock 261 but on 235/40 & 265/35 and no rub at all, still plenty of room.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
how much you want to spend? that's the real question...

Matthew Gallop: '12 N55 Mods: JB4 Flex ISO | iCarbon DP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | Race Axleback | ST Coils | Alufelgen CS7's | iCarbon 3 fin Diffuser |
Blackline LCI | CarbonFiber Spoiler | Orion v4 AE's | 30% tint | red+blk roundels | Cyba Scoops | H-Style front Lip | WeissLicht LED Smoked Sidemarkers | Matte Grills | Coded |
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
how much you want to spend? that's the real question...
I would like to stay with a set of springs only. No coilovers. Eibach pro kit is 400 so around there I guess. I would prefer less.
      04-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #16
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
if you have really smooth roads i would say spring only is okay. If your roads are so-so, just do yourself a favor and save up $900 for some ST coils. Its worth the extra money to do it right the 1st time.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep

H&R only $200 ish. Put your stocker shock to work then save money for some Koni yellow. Coil over with height adjust only is worthless. How many time you need to adjust the heigh to make ur money back just my .2 cents
I went with H&R springs cause my shock is still new, when it go then i will get Koni and still able to use the springs. Why waste the stocker nobody wants it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Coil over with height adjust only is worthless.
Lets take a car with lowering spring kit only and put it up against a car with height adjustment coilovers and see which car last longer, and performs better.

I sure as hell don't have to worry about busting other parts when the stock shock bottoms out because its not dialed in for the lowering spring.

Your crazy to think your doing yourself a favor by putting springs only 1st, only to have to go back in and replace the stock shocks later. Why waste and ruin a perfect OEM part when you can replace it and save it for a rainy day. ??!!

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Lets take a car with lowering spring kit only and put it up against a car with height adjustment coilovers and see which car last longer, and performs better.

I sure as hell don't have to worry about busting other parts when the stock shock bottoms out because its not dialed in for the lowering spring.

Your crazy to think your doing yourself a favor by putting springs only 1st, only to have to go back in and replace the stock shocks later. Why waste and ruin a perfect OEM part when you can replace it and save it for a rainy day. ??!!
Hey bud, you got a wrong point
i didnt say lower spring will last longer and perform better than some cheap low end height adjust only coil over. Not everyone want to drop for better handling or last longer than stock. They just want to get rid of the gap so H&R or eibach spring will give that look for fraction of cost and settle in for the perfect look which the OP looking for. He didnt mention anything about tracking his car or anything and beside he want to spend a little money as possible right now. So my susgestion is get the springs and save some $ later for Koni and pair with the springs that will out come better for the $.
Why i said worthless about adjust only? We dont adjust enough to have that feature. Everyone have different taste and different size of pocket. For me i paid for the stock shock then i make them work for me until they give up then i will get some real coil over if i planning to track my car, if for look only spring and shock is good enough. Stock shock doesnt do any good in the garage. Save for rainy day? Not me. I am crazy by just swaping the spring on stock shock. Go look around and see how many people out there included M division actually go with that round instead of getting some low end as ST coil over. Yeah they make by KW but so what. Budget sometime play a roll in modding. Btw i enjoy modding my car and doing all the works. It fun and i enjoying that also i dont mind to swap out the springs or shock few times until i got the right combo i want. So am i crazy by saving some labor haha
Btw you dont have to worry about busting other parts with just lower spring only, which can go wrong? Let hear it?

Last edited by Everfly; 04-23-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #20
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
He didnt mention anything about tracking his car or anything and beside he want to spend a little money as possible right now. So my susgestion is get the springs and save some $ later for Koni and pair with the springs that will out come better for the $.

Stock shock doesn't do any good in the garage. Save for rainy day? Not me.

Btw you dont have to worry about busting other parts with just lower spring only, which can go wrong? Let hear it?

i didn't mention anything about tracking, so not sure where that's coming from.

stock parts work well when you want to put the car back to stock when it comes back to sell time... not rocket science there...

bottoming out real hard can cause real damage to control arms wheel bearings any other suspension part... oil pan .. that list goes on and on..

To each their own... if that's what you are going for, then cut the stock spring. wont cost you a thing and you will get rid of the gap and get that "perfect look" .. i mean come on now bud..

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

To each their own... if that's what you are going for, then cut the stock spring. wont cost you a thing and you will get rid of the gap and get that "perfect look" .. i mean come on now bud..

Very well say.
How do cut the springs without cost anything? I need to learn that from you bud
Anyhow I hope you enjoy ur ST coil over and hope you didn't over pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
mitch55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N55 135i

CCW's with stretched tires looks really good so for some reason I am not feeling it with these bulkier tires.

In my opinion, a 1er with CCW's needs an aggressive fitment in order to pop.