BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Vandalism

Anyone have issues with this?

I've had my car vandalized twice now. Today I went shopping, came out and there was chewed up candy bar all over, smeared into the paint, and gum streaked all over the windshield.

Is it jealousy? I don't get it.
      10-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Dude wtf. Where do you live? Also post a pic of your car.

You also park far away last I recall.
      10-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Oh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that man. I'd want to kill somebody!
      10-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Dude wtf. Where do you live? Also post a pic of your car.

You also park far away last I recall.
Its in my user details. I live just outside the city. I didn't take any pictures of the mess. Other pictures of my car are in my build thread though. Check my sig. Just went home and washed it all up straightaway. I was planning on washing it that day anyway so it wasn't a really big deal.

Oh, and yeah, I do. I never double park or any of that BS either. Dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Oh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that man. I'd want to kill somebody!
It's probably good that they didn't stick around.
      10-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
BMWX1-35i
2015 X1 35i XDrive with NAV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Its in my user details. I live just outside the city. I didn't take any pictures of the mess. Other pictures of my car are in my build thread though. Check my sig. Just went home and washed it all up straightaway. I was planning on washing it that day anyway so it wasn't a really big deal.

Oh, and yeah, I do. I never double park or any of that BS either. Dunno.

It's probably good that they didn't stick around.
Man, that sucks. I plan on moving to your area in a few years over in Summerville SC. I would go ballistic if this happen to me

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Ultimate, NAV & Cold Weather Package
MHD, FTP Motorsports Charge Pipe, Drop in K&N
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
angler
love to fish!
Rep
Drives: 13: SG 135i M-Sport Cabrio 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Anyone have issues with this?

I've had my car vandalized twice now. Today I went shopping, came out and there was chewed up candy bar all over, smeared into the paint, and gum streaked all over the windshield.

Is it jealousy? I don't get it.
Its jealousy! Couple of weeks ago I parked outside a mall far away from all the mini-vans like I always do. Didn't take up two spots or anything like that and when I get back to the car a truck parks so close to me drivers door that I can't open it to get in so I have to go in through the passenger side. There is a note on my windshield asking me why BMW drivers think we are special. Really? There was no other cars within 50 yards or so. All I did was park far away so I wouldn't get accidentally hit by a shopping cart or door and someone has to do that? My question is what is wrong with some people?
I feel for you!!!!!
      10-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
BMWX1-35i
2015 X1 35i XDrive with NAV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
Its jealousy! Couple of weeks ago I parked outside a mall far away from all the mini-vans like I always do. Didn't take up two spots or anything like that and when I get back to the car a truck parks so close to me drivers door that I can't open it to get in so I have to go in through the passenger side. There is a note on my windshield asking me why BMW drivers think we are special. Really? There was no other cars within 50 yards or so. All I did was park far away so I wouldn't get accidentally hit by a shopping cart or door and someone has to do that? My question is what is wrong with some people?
I feel for you!!!!!
That person would come out to two flats if he did that to me..

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Ultimate, NAV & Cold Weather Package
MHD, FTP Motorsports Charge Pipe, Drop in K&N
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Might just be the fact you drive a really nice car and people can be retarded. Luckily I haven't had that problem, especially at school. *knocks on wood*

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #9
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Quote:
I feel for you!!!!!
I've parked away from the crap minivans and lifted pick up trucks and find some dumbshit in a beater park next to me. I know they do this to piss me off. Worse yet is the idiots who drive across the parking lot and don't bother watching for other vehicles. I almost got nailed in a Target lot by some soccer mom yacking away on her cell with a boatload of rug rats in back. I'm glad I had my driver side door closed or she would have drilled it.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #10
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Basically, we're damned if we do park close and damned if don't park close.

All the more reason to shop online instead of the mall whenever possible.
      10-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #11
Huecifer
Private First Class
Rep

I wouldn't park out in the middle of nowhere, it just makes your car (no matter what it is) a target. I've seen people pissing on a vette parked out in the middle of an empty mall parking lot.

Honestly, if you can't deal with the normal wear and tear that comes with driving your car in a city, don't drive your car in a city. Or, get a different car. LOL, a friend of mine and I once saw someone parallel parking in front of my car and they bumped into it a bit while backing up. She wondered why I wasn't upset by this. Bumpers are for bumping, whatever. If I couldn't handle my car getting bumped into, I wouldn't have parallel parked it.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #12
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huecifer View Post
I wouldn't park out in the middle of nowhere, it just makes your car (no matter what it is) a target. I've seen people pissing on a vette parked out in the middle of an empty mall parking lot.

Honestly, if you can't deal with the normal wear and tear that comes with driving your car in a city, don't drive your car in a city. Or, get a different car. LOL, a friend of mine and I once saw someone parallel parking in front of my car and they bumped into it a bit while backing up. She wondered why I wasn't upset by this. Bumpers are for bumping, whatever. If I couldn't handle my car getting bumped into, I wouldn't have parallel parked it.
Bumpers are NOT for bumping...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #13
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

It is a case of jealousy.

I went to Meijer's one night with a buddy and came back to a bbq sandwich thrown and spread out all over my front windshield and hood. It's a shame, it really is. I don't bust my ass to go out and disrespect someone elses property, but unfortunately, we live among assholes and idiots.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I can sympathize. I recently put up a thread about something like this. In my situation, it was less severe than yours. But I parked away from all the disrespectful idiots not taking up multiple parking spots and came back to find a greasy hand print on the front fender just above the wheel well.

I disagree with the poster who considers all of this normal wear and tear for living in an urban environment. It is not normal wear and tear. There are those of us who like to keep their stuff nice. I treated my Focus almost the same as my 135i...granted I'm more anal with the 1.

I also have had issues with my Ducati when I first got it. Random people would just walk up to it and proceed to touch it and what not. Really irritates me as I don't know if it'll escalate into someone climbing on my bike or inadvertently knocking it over. It has happened to other riders.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #15
angler
love to fish!
Rep
Drives: 13: SG 135i M-Sport Cabrio 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huecifer View Post

That is not normal wear and tear. Driving down the road and your car gets a chip in the paint from a truck throwing a stone is normal wear and tear. Some idiot that pushes they're shopping cart into your car or bangs their door into your side when they get into their car is not normal wear and tear IMO.
      10-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #16
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Hey, I expect rock chips, scratches, road rash, EVEN nicks in my door from people smashing theirs into my car. These are all minor, accidental or unavoidable things. I get more upset about finding a new door ding, but I've been guilty of it as well. It happens. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone do it on purpose. In some really tight car parks are tough to avoid it. The city is like that.

All of that is what I would consider normal.

Someone hitting your car while they park is not. Nor is vandalism. There's never an excuse for it.
      10-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #17
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Quote:
I feel for you!!!!!
I would do just as 135droptop says only I would give 4 flats, and leave a letter thats asking

"why do you have 4 flat tires DICK!"""
      10-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #18
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDEMAND View Post
I would do just as 135droptop says only I would give 4 flats, and leave a letter thats asking

The ONLY way to give a flat is to pull the valve stem. It doesn't ruin the tire, it just leaves the owner in need of a compressor. But even that is wrong.

I don't like the door dings either so I park a few spaces beyond the other cars. Not WAY out there but not in the pack either. I've still gotten a few nicks but nothing major that I am sure of. There is a dent on a back fender, however, that might just be funny formed metal but it looks like somebody could have slammed their fist down on the fender at that spot.

Why people do bad things is a proverbial question. It is because they are messed up. If they didn't do what they did to your car they would do something else stupid. Many of the punks that do this would nearly wet themselves if you walked up and challenged them in the act.
      10-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #19
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDEMAND View Post

The ONLY way to give a flat is to pull the valve stem. It doesn't ruin the tire, it just leaves the owner in need of a compressor. But even that is wrong.

I don't like the door dings either so I park a few spaces beyond the other cars. Not WAY out there but not in the pack either. I've still gotten a few nicks but nothing major that I am sure of. There is a dent on a back fender, however, that might just be funny formed metal but it looks like somebody could have slammed their fist down on the fender at that spot.

Why people do bad things is a proverbial question. It is because they are messed up. If they didn't do what they did to your car they would do something else stupid. Many of the punks that do this would nearly wet themselves if you walked up and challenged them in the act.
That last paragraph is resonating. Stupid that this has happened to OP. His car does look sick.
      10-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #20
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

IDK about overt vandalism like that, but I've gotten more door dings in 12 months of ownership than any other car I've owned (all over 5 years) and probably more than all other cars combined
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #21
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

I'm terribly sorry to hear that Alex. I can't believe people would do crazy things like that.

I also park far far far away from everybody so that I can avoid door dings or dents from careless drivers. I guess doing that can also cause problems. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. This is just sad.

We try to take good care of our things and keep them pristine as possible. Somebody intentionally vandalizing other's properly is just wrong.
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #22
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

There are allot of envious and jealous people in this world, be cautious and keep your head up.
Appreciate 0