BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Warranty/

Well. Bought a 2011 135i used from a local independent dealership a month ago. I got a pre-purchase inspection and everything. Tried to use the A/C one day and the lights and stuff come on, but no air was blowing out. Took it into the shop for a diagnosis...

Turns out I have a aftermarket windshield that wasn't installed properly... water was leaking into the engine compartment and the A/C Evaporator case for a such a long time that it shorted out the blower resistor and and the resistor wiring melted...

BMW dealership quoted me for $2300 for repairs... (replace windshield and the blower wiring and blower itself) I'm getting a quote from a independent shop later today...

Trying to complain to the dealership and bmw specialty shop that did the Pre-purchase inspection right now :/
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Incredible. Good luck man.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhurtalot
Well. Bought a 2011 135i used from a local independent dealership a month ago. I got a pre-purchase inspection and everything. Tried to use the A/C one day and the lights and stuff come on, but no air was blowing out. Took it into the shop for a diagnosis...

Turns out I have a aftermarket windshield that wasn't installed properly... water was leaking into the engine compartment and the A/C Evaporator case for a such a long time that it shorted out the blower resistor and and the resistor wiring melted...

BMW dealership quoted me for $2300 for repairs... (replace windshield and the blower wiring and blower itself) I'm getting a quote from a independent shop later today...

Trying to complain to the dealership and bmw specialty shop that did the Pre-purchase inspection right now :/
Was the car cpo?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
Was the car cpo?
nope. wasn't from a bmw dealership.
Appreciate 0