BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
1nd1ana
Rep
Drives:

Thank you - That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to just take it in and get it fixed.
It might be interesting to take some rough SPL measurements before and after and post those. I'll post the findings if anyone is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
Normal to me is when the window does not feel like is open a crack. I'm not implying that my car is now sound proved but I don't have that air feeling next to my ear anymore. I can hear the win if I go fast but it's an outside win noise. I don't know how to explain it better.

I rent lots of cars when I travel for work and one day Hertz gave me one of those Chrysler convertible with no window frame. That thing was allot better than my 1er in regards to win noise. That day I knew then that my 1er had a problem and that noise was not normal.
      01-24-2022, 10:29 AM   #46
Mini M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

bringing back an old thread . just bought a used 128i with similar wind noise issues took it to the stealership and showed them the tsb printout .gentleman told me itd only be covered if i was still under warranty.. anyone have instructions on adjusting the windows tighter on the seals? thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 06:43 PM   #47
Papa Popov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini M3 View Post
bringing back an old thread . just bought a used 128i with similar wind noise issues took it to the stealership and showed them the tsb printout .gentleman told me itd only be covered if i was still under warranty.. anyone have instructions on adjusting the windows tighter on the seals? thanks
I'd start by resetting the window limits (there's a DIY on here), then replacing the window seals if necessary.
Appreciate 0