BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

No Alarm Nor Pre-Wiring - Anti-Theft Options?

well looks like I don't have an alarm nor pre-wiring for an installed dealer alarm. seems like my only options are aftermarket alarm and lo-jack. and maybe window tints or motion detection camera. haha and of course, and obviously having the 1er garaged, parked in well-lit areas, and having the enraged, pointing monkey from family guy sitting in my back seat

seriously though, any other real options for alarm/anti-theft options?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotsa Stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1 View Post
...and having the enraged, pointing monkey from family guy sitting in my back seat
Best option of the bunch!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

raising this one from the dead.

what are my options? all i hear are viper alarms with proximity sensors? I just hate the annoying 6-pitch sound
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
well looks like I don't have an alarm nor pre-wiring for an installed dealer alarm. seems like my only options are aftermarket alarm and lo-jack. and maybe window tints or motion detection camera. haha and of course, and obviously having the 1er garaged, parked in well-lit areas, and having the enraged, pointing monkey from family guy sitting in my back seat

seriously though, any other real options for alarm/anti-theft options?
Just curious, how do you know you don't have pre-wiring for the alarm? Window sticker? Clown nose color? (My clown nose is black...)
      07-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #5
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
Just curious, how do you know you don't have pre-wiring for the alarm? Window sticker? Clown nose color? (My clown nose is black...)
Dealer scanned my key and viewed the vehicle specs/history. SA told me no pre-wiring for factory alarm. i have the red-nose under the rear view, but its a fake (just a red shell, no intermittent lighting when i auto-lock her).
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i

Quote:
Dealer scanned my key and viewed the vehicle specs/history. SA told me no pre-wiring for factory alarm. i have the red-nose under the rear view, but its a fake (just a red shell, no intermittent lighting when i auto-lock her).
Search my name. I posted on this a while ago.

I did a Viper 2-way paging alarm and a DLPK can-bus adapter. 5 wire hook up to the car (constant +12, ignition +12, ground, can-high, and can-low), plus 1 wire to the siren (which I put in the factory location.

I can remotely roll down the windows, roll up the windows, lock/unlock with factory keyless integration, page up to a mile, pop the trunk, etc.
08 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // Custom E30 tune // str8shot bluetooth enabled ECA // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downpipes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Berk ceramic exhaust // OEM 550i clutch // MFactory single mass flywheel // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm spacers
Appreciate 0