BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

BMWCCA Patroon/CT Valley HPDE @ LimeRock 8/17-8/18

Anyone making the trip up to CT for the HPDE at LimeRock next week??

I will only be there for Friday which (at least to my understanding) is the BMWCCA only day whereas Saturday is a shared track day.

The front pair of my PFC-08 pads should be arriving today and I will be busy installing these onto my car tomorrow.

Would be great to meet some fellow addicts up there!

Cant wait!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

I was so going to go this year, but my wife and I are taking a trip to Europe that week. I'm ok with missing Lime Rock I'll be there next time though!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takrdown View Post
I was so going to go this year, but my wife and I are taking a trip to Europe that week. I'm ok with missing Lime Rock I'll be there next time though!
I am from Long Island but working in CT and being only an hour away have been itching to drive at Lime Rock since early June!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
I am from Long Island but working in CT and being only an hour away have been itching to drive at Lime Rock since early June!!
Ouch. I hope somewhere near the city line on LI - thats a harsh commute.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Ouch. I hope somewhere near the city line on LI - thats a harsh commute.
Hehe i wiah!! Picture northern end of Sunken Meadow Parkway..... I take the ferry to bridgeport every week so its about 2.5 hours including an hour of sleep

I'll be up in Hartford for work all week so considering the lack of options at the rock ill stay there and leave early Friday for the 1 hour drive. Any locals?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hehe i wiah!! Picture northern end of Sunken Meadow Parkway..... I take the ferry to bridgeport every week so its about 2.5 hours including an hour of sleep

I'll be up in Hartford for work all week so considering the lack of options at the rock ill stay there and leave early Friday for the 1 hour drive. Any locals?
Im from near the other end of the Sag.

But man I feel ya. I have a 2 hour commute from Bellport to Brooklyn every day...twice a day.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Im from near the other end of the Sag.

But man I feel ya. I have a 2 hour commute from Bellport to Brooklyn every day...twice a day.
So does that mean youre coming?!?! Lol. Pftt..... I ilused to take the LIRR to Penn for work every day. Now im up in a hotel m-f so I make the best of it hehe
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So does that mean youre coming?!?! Lol. Pftt..... I ilused to take the LIRR to Penn for work every day. Now im up in a hotel m-f so I make the best of it hehe
Nah I drive the activeE to work everyday.

Also no - im not in. CCA is crazy strict with softtops.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

I am not going to make that one but will be doing an scda event at that track sooner than later. It's easy to get to and I like the track itself. I will keep you posted on my days
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
I am not going to make that one but will be doing an scda event at that track sooner than later. It's easy to get to and I like the track itself. I will keep you posted on my days
Cool let me know!

I couldnt make the previous event (its not CCA) but its basically time trial racing, apparently one car running at a time (to make it "safer") and the only hold up is that if its your first event you need to participate as a "student". Basically do the same thing except not timed and demonstrate you can handle your car around a track.... Just something I recall reading about and may consider getting into

Christmas came early today!!

I swear this was clearer on the smartphone SMH
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99
Quote:
Cool let me know!

I couldnt make the previous event (its not CCA) but its basically time trial racing, apparently one car running at a time (to make it "safer") and the only hold up is that if its your first event you need to participate as a "student". Basically do the same thing except not timed and demonstrate you can handle your car around a track.... Just something I recall reading about and may consider getting into

Christmas came early today!!

I swear this was clearer on the smartphone SMH
Very nice. I ordered mine yesterday along with some ss lines and decent fluid. I am friendly with a bunch of weirdos on this forum that don't post but do attend a lot of events. I will keep you posted on the schedules as I now know your very local.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Very nice. I ordered mine yesterday along with some ss lines and decent fluid. I am friendly with a bunch of weirdos on this forum that don't post but do attend a lot of events. I will keep you posted on the schedules as I now know your very local.
Nice. SS lines are the only thing I dont have. I ran at NJMP Lightning in June with the stock pads, lines, and Motul RBF600 and didnt have any fade issues, the car ran amazing and FAST (especially for my first track outing ever). I am hoping these pads will allow me to hit the braking zones harder and make more effective use of the brakes rather than before where I was trying to be more conscious to not brake TOO hard
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
firechicken99
Major
Rep

looking forward tomorrow!! Hopefully we dont get any of the morning shower crap Hartford has had all week (fingers crossed!)

You can find me in a VO M with matte black wrap! stop by!
Appreciate 0