BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

HELP! Problem with power seat

My passenger seat won't slide forward or backwards no matter which button you use the one on the side of the seat or the one under the headrest. However when I fold to seat forward (as if someone were trying to get in the backseat) they both work. Now here's the weird part when I put the seat back into the normal position it just starts moving forward by itself and won't stop Made an appointment to take it in but they don't have a loaner available for a week and a half
      06-27-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Odd problem. I will be interested to hear about the cause and how it is solved. Just writing to point out that some dealers will rent a loaner (e.g. Enterprise) for their customer if their own fleet is fully deployed.

Good luck with the seat gremlin!
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0