BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
crvz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '21 F150 Tremor

Speaker Replacement Options

Hey folks,

I've had my 2013 135i for about 3 weeks, and I'm already ready to replace the factory sound system. I do not have i-Drive, and I'm considering replacing the factory head unit as well, but for starters I'm definitely going to replace all the speakers. I've seen the offers from musicarnw website, and while I'm sure it's great, it's a bit steep for me for what I want. Further, I've got a long history of DIY car audio and alarm systems (stemming from being an installer throughout college), so I'd prefer to do the grunt work myself.

Hopefully my preamble answers a few questions, but I'm looking for what options are available for speaker replacement. I'd specifically looking for a quality 4" component set for the doors (in the ~$200 range, I suppose) and a good 8" mid bass driver for under the seats. I will, at some point, put a powered subwoofer in the trunk, so I want the under seat speakers to focus more on mid bass if possible.

What say you people?
Appreciate 0