BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #45
sistom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M-Sport Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb View Post
not sure why you would be screwed. They may not like the mods for other reasons, but with this recall they are saying the parts are bad no matter what and need to be replaced.

Recall fixes aren't warranty repairs, right?
I know this is an old thread but I thought reviving it was better than starting a new one.

I've replaced my spark plugs and I'm about to replace my coils on two cylinders that are misfiring. If that doesn't fix it I'll have to assume it's the injectors which have a recall out for them.

My car is out of warranty by about 6 months. I've got the JB4, DPs, CAI, exhaust and a BOV.

Seeing as the injectors and the fuel pump are both under a recall, isn't BMW obligated to replace the parts because they are classified as defective from the factory? Which would mean that regardless of what I've done to my car, they should have to replace them. Right??

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #46
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadeucsb View Post
not sure why you would be screwed. They may not like the mods for other reasons, but with this recall they are saying the parts are bad no matter what and need to be replaced.

Recall fixes aren't warranty repairs, right?
I know this is an old thread but I thought reviving it was better than starting a new one.

I've replaced my spark plugs and I'm about to replace my coils on two cylinders that are misfiring. If that doesn't fix it I'll have to assume it's the injectors which have a recall out for them.

My car is out of warranty by about 6 months. I've got the JB4, DPs, CAI, exhaust and a BOV.

Seeing as the injectors and the fuel pump are both under a recall, isn't BMW obligated to replace the parts because they are classified as defective from the factory? Which would mean that regardless of what I've done to my car, they should have to replace them. Right??

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks!
I would agree! I have a fried who is a tech - I am going to ask him and see if it is safe to bring in the car with all mods on it, w/o voiding the warranty.

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #47
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Some dealers are more mod friendly than others. Scan the local subforums to see if there's any feedback on yours.

I went in a few weeks ago and my car was modded. I had no tune installed but left DCIs on, along with intercooler, 2nd oil cooler, downpipes, suspension, etc.

The guys who processed my car all complimented me, and we chatted about how my car performed on track, etc. In short, there were no hassles. So check the local feedback and good luck

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #48
gdub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

how did this go for everyone?

I've already had the injectors recalled about 6000 miles ago and now i'm getting misfires, it wasn't misfiring before, it would just go into limp mode. i'm going to replace spark plugs this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #49
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Tried plugs and coils when mine failed (limp mode) needed injectors and low pressure fuel sensor, they only did the two it coded for. However out of warranty they charged to do the low pressure sensor replacement. $500 out of pocket.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #50
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
how did this go for everyone?

I've already had the injectors recalled about 6000 miles ago and now i'm getting misfires, it wasn't misfiring before, it would just go into limp mode. i'm going to replace spark plugs this weekend.
How'd it go?
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #51
gdub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

it's going to the shop next thursday for walnut blasting, i'm having them do the plugs as well, it's actually ~10 dollars more to have them do it then me ordering the plugs, so i figured may as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #52
KFJ512a
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i, e60 525i M-Sport

hey so i have a 335i but the n54 nonetheless. and i had 3 injectors fail on me last week and paid a crapton to get it fixed and i have the same problem again this morning. they failed on me again I've called my SA like 3 times and he hasn't gotten back to me. What i want to know is if my car is covered by the injector warranty. I asked my SA and he immediately told me no so now im convinced he might have cheated me. I have an 08 but sadly i dont know the exact production date. Can some one please help me out with this production date issue? thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFJ512a View Post
hey so i have a 335i but the n54 nonetheless. and i had 3 injectors fail on me last week and paid a crapton to get it fixed and i have the same problem again this morning. they failed on me again I've called my SA like 3 times and he hasn't gotten back to me. What i want to know is if my car is covered by the injector warranty. I asked my SA and he immediately told me no so now im convinced he might have cheated me. I have an 08 but sadly i dont know the exact production date. Can some one please help me out with this production date issue? thanks
Production date should be on your door sill by the VIN.

Which dealership are you using? I have had good luck with Sudbury on all of my warranty work.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #54
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

Are recalls only good one time? Because I have no recalls for my 08 135i, but my 3rd brake light is cracked again...
      10-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #55
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
Are recalls only good one time? Because I have no recalls for my 08 135i, but my 3rd brake light is cracked again...
It might be worth your while to contact your dealer and ask whether your vehicle is in need of any recalls - sometimes I think they may get lazy or just don't have the time to notify everyone.

With regards to your 3rd brake light, best to DIY so you know you've done all you can to minimise it happening again - that's what I did after it broke the 2nd time. Important pointers - make sure to shave the metal tab off so it's flush with the rest of the opening (it's on the opening of the 3rd brake light recess), and make sure you use springs that don't put too much pressure on the light which can cause the cracking. There's a good guide in the DIY section.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #56
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

So I guess getting an injector replaced these days becomes a costly exercise seeing as the new injectors are not backwards compatible with the old injectors regardless if they are faulty or not.

Does anyone know what kinds of symptoms would indicate an injector fault? Misfiring (occasional jerkiness upon acceleration) would do it I presume? And if so, do we have to go through process of elimination - coils, plugs, then injector? And is there any check engine light/fault codes to indicate a problem??

And how often should we be changing them? Or just change when they fail?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #57
n2djazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe (T. Silver)

All, I bought new coils because I got a service engine soon light. My diagnostics software said I had misfire on cylinder 6. So I bought six coils and replaced them all. Wise decision? That is debatable but not what I'm trying to convey. I checked my injector part numbers while replacing the coils. I never thought to do so when I replaced the plugs in Jan 2013 because three injectors were replaced May 2011. I was told the other three were fine. Well cylinders 1, 2, and 6 have the old injector part numbers. I did not clear the misfire code for cylinder 6. I want my SA to see it. I have an appt with him on Tuesday.

Last edited by n2djazz; 10-11-2013 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: better wording
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #58
KFJ512a
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i, e60 525i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFJ512a View Post
Production date should be on your door sill by the VIN.

Which dealership are you using? I have had good luck with Sudbury on all of my warranty work.
I used Norwood but I had good luck with them when i got my turbos replaced. And thanks for telling me where the production date is
Appreciate 0