BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #23
SpooledSouth
Rep
Drives: Black 09 135i 6spd coupe

I wasn't able to make a thread on this site because I'm new I guess, so I didn't give all the info. A warning light came on, it was a exclamation mark with a triangle around it.

This is what a user on bimmerfest said:

"It sounds like your pressure plate bit the dust. The warning light is from the DSC. It sensed that the engine rpm is not in sync with the speed of the car (i.e. the clutch is slipping). I'm not sure if this is covered under the maintenance plan but do your homework to find out what is definitely covered so you're not shelling out money on expensive parts and labor if you don't have to.
Also, clutch hydraulics share the same fluid as the brakes. If the fluid was low you would see the brake warning light. But, if I'm not mistaken, the clutch pulls the fluid from a high spot in the reservoir, so if the slave cylinder started leaking it would be able to leak enough fluid out to trigger the light."

Sounds like he knows what he is talking about so it might be the clutch/pressure plate. I think that is all covered under my maintenance plan being part of the clutch. I'm just praying my flywheel can be reused.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
Jmanscotch
is a Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i - 6MT SOLD

At 45K miles, you're still covered under the factory warranty. Meaning, no deductible (like the CPO).

Wait to see what they say, don't pay for anything yet though.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

i am still a little confused at why you could not move the gear shifter. Did you mean that it would not go into gear or that it was stuck and would not literally move? both of thos situations may be different problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
SpooledSouth
Rep
Drives: Black 09 135i 6spd coupe

The dealership called and said that the clutch was in pieces! Really? I didn't even drive it hard for the 24 hours I owned it so I guess bad timing from previous owner beating on it. I'm stopping by tomorrow without asking and seeing if the tranny is really pulled of if they're just trying to bend me over. And now he is saying that the flywheel is able to be resurfused when at first he said it couldn't be. To many fishy things going on with this.

I wasn't in gear when the pedal was stuck to the floor. I tried to push the clutch down as much as I could to get it in gear. It did go into gear with force so I was able to get off the street.

And no the factory warranty is 4 years 50k miles from the date of sale. The car was bought in Oct 08. Most people don't know its from date of sale because its the worst idea ever. Why even call the car a 2009 then.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #27
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooledSouth View Post
And no the factory warranty is 4 years 50k miles from the date of sale. The car was bought in Oct 08. Most people don't know its from date of sale because its the worst idea ever. Why even call the car a 2009 then.
Maybe you could get a goodwill case from BMW since the car is just out of warranty? Ask and see
      01-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #28
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Friday, about 25 miles in to a 500 mile round-trip drive, my clutch went to the floor and wouldn't come up.
At around 84,000 miles on a 2012.

While down - vehicle recognized that it was depressed. Car would start, I could put it in gear, wouldn't go anywhere.
I could pull it up by hand, but didn't attempt driving that way.
Thought for sure I was going to be in for new Master and Slave Cylinders.

Shop diagnosed it today. Said there's a leak in the line Between the two cylinders.
Still gonna take a day to get the parts and cost about $500, but they're getting it handled.

Update: It was the line adjacent to the CDV.
They were going to replace the CDV, too, but I mentioned that mine is aftermarket (no more delay) and I don't want a stock one. Saved me $16.
They had a heck of a time bleeding it. "Lots of air in the line." Probably didn't help that I popped the pedal up by hand a couple times. Took 'em like 40 minutes.
It still occasionally feels a little wonky - so there might still be a little. But the brakes are solid, and the clutch is working, so I'm gonna give it a couple more days.

Last edited by tjswarbrick; 01-17-2018 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0