BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
I didn't have to pay any of my deductible or any up front for the rental car. My insurance handled everything and went after his. Hopefully yours does the same. If not it might be worth it to find one that does.
When my SUV was wrecked I didn't pay any deductible and I either got a rental or didn't need one because I was going out of town, I can't remember which. The other parties insurance was fine to deal with, I really wasn't upset with mine. It might have been partially because I was in the car at the time and they thought I would file a personal injury claim or something if they upset me. Whatever their logic, they fixed my car which was all I was after. If I had problems I would have probably fallen back on letting State Farm handle it and warned them what would happen if my rates went up.

More recently my current SUV was hit in a parking lot. State Farm took care of that but I paid the deductible, they covered it under a coverage that was my lowest. I thought they were reasonable. I even had the body shop take care of a couple other minor things I paid for myself. State Farm knew of it and didn't complain at all.