05-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

U94/2 1M

via Studie AG - Japan

this's Studies once valencia orange 1m (www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597664) now painted fire orange.
they also painted the bbs ri-d wheels gloss black, added a matte black gts wing, n a few other things 2 transform its look.

-fire orange (u94/2) paint
-bbs ri-d painted gloss black
-matte black gts wing
-matte black diff
-akrapovic exhaust w/ cf tips
-custom vented hood
-ap racing bbk

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM

Last edited by datbimmerdoe; 06-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: new pix
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
That looks so sick!!

Did they get a new hood or just add those latches?

I saw a pic of the car in the lot of the Varis shop....I wonder what they have in store, haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I thought I had a orange car until I saw this. A bit too much Japanese tuning taste and reminds me tuned Honda Integra Rs but looks head turning anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
m3 gts in 1M style
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Looks great waiting for some more photos.

Last edited by Powerbeast; 05-06-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

LOOOOVE IT!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Looks nice.. I dig the GTS color.. the hood looks to be different as you can spot the vents.. unless its a hood with modified vents and latches.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
Killswitch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Stunning!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
I have to say that if this were the factory orange color offered by BMW on the 1M, I would have definitely opted for it, hands down, no doubts. Love how bold it is! Reminds me of the Glut Orange of Lambo/Audi cars.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
That looks so sick!!

Did they get a new hood or just add those latches?

I saw a pic of the car in the lot of the Varis shop....I wonder what they have in store, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Looks nice.. I dig the GTS color.. the hood looks to be different as you can spot the vents.. unless its a hood with modified vents and latches.
knowin Studie, those latches n vents r most likely custom made.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
bomb!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

HOTTTTT!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #13
MrClean335i
FBO+Methanol Injection
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I thought I had a orange car until I saw this. A bit too much Japanese tuning taste and reminds me tuned Honda Integra Rs but looks head turning anyway.
WTf are you talking about?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean335i View Post
WTf are you talking about?
Next time I'll ask you before I post an opinion. Sorry that I hurted your feelings.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #15
MrClean335i
FBO+Methanol Injection
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Quote:
Next time I'll ask you before I post an opinion. Sorry that I hurted your feelings.
No, seriously where do you see the "Tuned Honda" in this car?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #16
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Sexy!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #17
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean335i View Post
No, seriously where do you see the "Tuned Honda" in this car?
OK I will reply this one seriously then: As I said, just remembered some tuned Integra Rs from 90s, don't know why exactly; maybe the effect of the wing combined with the sharp orange color and scoops on the hood, something felt too Japanese, too modded and too far away from the original design for my taste. I liked other heavily tuned 1Ms like Powerbeast's car for example, thought it has a personality and better taste. It was nothing too serious though; as I said this is a head turning study anyway, if that is what a person is looking for. And I was not insulting this work by calling the Honda Integra R since I liked the Integra Rs very much at that time, interesting car to drive.

I also keep on seeing M3 GTS and Audi TTs here with that tone of orange which I disliked after seeing in person.

Not everyone can like everything. That's the point of being different I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
LOOOOVE IT!!!!
+1 Looks GREAT!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
OK I will reply this one seriously then: As I said, just remembered some tuned Integra Rs from 90s...
Ok, a couple of notes.

1. That color is completely BMW, not Honda/Acura...so I'm confused.
2. The Integra Type-R was a great car of the day...I'm still confused.
3. I had a Black 2001 Type-R (Number 401), which was limited production (like the 1M) and it was track modified; not sure how this is a bad thing...even more confused.
4. Integra Type-R's never came with this wing, and if someone put one on a Type-R people made fun of them mercilessly because there was no power at the back end; so why put a huge wing like this on a car like that (I mean, there are SOME valid reasons...but it's not nearly as necessarily as with a RWD car; it kind of loses some of the purpose).

I kind of get what you're saying; but you should be applying it to wanna-be's. I don't feel that Type-R owners are wanna-be's. We were porting, polishing and sending our engines out for blueprinting as well as ECU tuning our Type-R's for the Honda Challenge (to get every bit of the higher "stock" spec out fo the car), so I consider that pretty admirable.

You're referring to the wanna-be R owners; I get it...someone with an Integra [on the street], that slaps an "R" badge and a wing on a car. But this car is pretty BMW IMO. It looks great. Careful when referring to R owners though. R owners that I know, were VERY technical, and would put many wanna-be's to shame. Please don't generalize "R" owners or Japanese cars to be a negative thing. GT-R is a pretty badass car right? You get my point...

Wording is everything...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
Ok, a couple of notes.

1. That color is completely BMW, not Honda/Acura...so I'm confused.
2. The Integra Type-R was a great car of the day...I'm still confused.
3. I had a Black 2001 Type-R (Number 401), which was limited production (like the 1M) and it was track modified; not sure how this is a bad thing...even more confused.
4. Integra Type-R's never came with this wing, and if someone put one on a Type-R people made fun of them mercilessly because there was no power at the back end; so why put a huge wing like this on a car like that (I mean, there are SOME valid reasons...but it's not nearly as necessarily as with a RWD car; it kind of loses some of the purpose).

I kind of get what you're saying; but you should be applying it to wanna-be's. I don't feel that Type-R owners are wanna-be's. We were porting, polishing and sending our engines out for blueprinting as well as ECU tuning our Type-R's for the Honda Challenge (to get every bit of the higher "stock" spec out fo the car), so I consider that pretty admirable.

You're referring to the wanna-be R owners; I get it...someone with an Integra [on the street], that slaps an "R" badge and a wing on a car. But this car is pretty BMW IMO. It looks great. Careful when referring to R owners though. R owners that I know, were VERY technical, and would put many wanna-be's to shame. Please don't generalize "R" owners or Japanese cars to be a negative thing. GT-R is a pretty badass car right? You get my point...

Wording is everything...
Other than not feeling this final look as "very BMW", in fact I agree about almost everything that you said. That is why I also said before that I liked the R at the time (I really did, at one point it was the best bang for the buck when it comes to real sports cars dynamics) and it was a special car. I also said very clearly that I was not trying to downgrade Rs or so, not at all, I said I am not a fan of this look for some reason I myself was also trying to understand and I said it is probably because of a combination of this and that.

I hope that even in internet forums I have a right to not like a particular tuned look of the car that I happen to own, this one I sure didn't like too much.

Why would you get confused about the color by the way? I know it is the same color of the M3 GTS, I just don't like that orange, no matter if it is a BMW color or not (did I say anywhere it is a Honda color?) and don't think that it is the best choice for 1M. I think that bright/flashy orange is only very good on cars like Lamborghini, exotics and 1M is not an exotic, you can pump it to look like similar to one but imo it is not the point of 1M. For some reason I loved the Dakar Yellow on Powerbeast's car, I think it fits better with 1M, there is something graceful about that color especially on M cars and that set of mods somehow stayed loyal to original design of the car more than this "study".

If you read everything I wrote and take them together not selectively I am sure you will agree that in fact we don't have much to argue here. Unlike you guys who posted in favor (big time) I am not too fond of this look. Why it matters to anyone? Call me crazy if it comforts

You like it that's fine with me, good for you. Can everyone admire a heavy tuned look like this universally, is it possible or is it even desired? I don't think so. A 1M like this one on the road will sure turn heads and move eyebrows but not all of these will mean something good, and that is inevitable. The car is already cartoonish enough (I mean in a good way, just delicate balance here) especially in VO. And if you pass that line too much then you are in a territory of 1:1 matchbox cars which I tried to describe by using the words Japanese tuning taste.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
I guess color, like most things is subjective. I personally LOVE the color (sans wing) on the car, was in line for a VO initially before I had a chance to see it in person and then was left disappointed because I wanted it to be much bolder, just like the Fire Orange. If it had been offered like that ^^^ out of the factory, I would have opted for it 100%, in fact if we were allowed to pick an Individual color, I would have likely paid extra for it. But then again, this comes from someone that is orange crazy, I nearly bought my RS 4 in Papaya Orange, and then was strongly considering Glut Orange (Lambo Murcielago color), but somehow opted at the end for the 'safer' Sprint Blue. Been itching for a 'properly orange' car ever since, hope it is not a sign of forthcoming midlife crisis

Personally, I think the lines and overall character of the 1M show better with the bolder orange but that's just me.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I guess color, like most things is subjective. I personally LOVE the color (sans wing) on the car, was in line for a VO initially before I had a chance to see it in person and then was left disappointed because I wanted it to be much bolder, just like the Fire Orange. If it had been offered like that ^^^ out of the factory, I would have opted for it 100%, in fact if we were allowed to pick an Individual color, I would have likely paid extra for it. But then again, this comes from someone that is orange crazy, I nearly bought my RS 4 in Papaya Orange, and then was strongly considering Glut Orange (Lambo Murcielago color), but somehow opted at the end for the 'safer' Sprint Blue. Been itching for a 'properly orange' car ever since, hope it is not a sign of forthcoming midlife crisis

Personally, I think the lines and overall character of the 1M show better with the bolder orange but that's just me.
Very well said. It is very personal taste especially when it comes to strong colors like this. Contrasting your experience, I was feeling good about the M3 GTS color in pictures till I saw one in person and I had a chance to walk around quite a bit; the same happened with a Audi TT. Now this car I felt "overdone" while you probably felt like love at first sight.
Appreciate 0