BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

The Eissman sounds great. Seriously, I think some cars have the drone and some cars don't... or the people who don't complain doesn't do any extensive highway driving. I have complained less since the arrival of the X3 as that's the car doing the highway runs now.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #24
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
The Eissman sounds great. Seriously, I think some cars have the drone and some cars don't... or the people who don't complain doesn't do any extensive highway driving. I have complained less since the arrival of the X3 as that's the car doing the highway runs now.
Actually I think it's the other way around - I don't believe some cars have the drone and some don't, I believe "drone" is subjective to every person and some have more tolerance to certain sounds than others. I can hear what everyone describes as "drone" at around 200-2500 rpms, however, I don't consider it to be drone given my background with some much louder exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #25
davett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Huracan,'11 1M, '10 GT-R

Garage List
2010 Nissan GT-R  [8.40]
2008 M3  [0.00]
2009 Carrera 4S  [0.00]
2007 Porsche  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh8791 View Post
me 3. 'course I roll down my windows when I go under bridges and hit the throttle just to hear reverberations generated by the exhaust note. Car audio is 2ndary to me....I've got a nice pair of headphones & an amp for that experience ;-)

Oh and to stay on topic...I think I'm getting Eisenmann exhaust once I have this car.
I do the same, lower the window to hear that sexy exhaust note...
Went for a drive today with my son, we had fun taking turns following and leading, maybe the last time before the snow sets in. Some pics from our drive.

'15 Huracan,
'14 Q5 TDI
'14 R8, '11 1 Series M,'10 Nissan GT-R,'10 GT3 , '09 911 turbo , '08 M3 sold

Last edited by davett; 11-06-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #26
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997tt View Post
Went for a drive today with my son, we had fun taking turns following and leading, maybe the last time before the snow sets in. Some pics from our drive.

1 word: tits!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
speedM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2106 X3 35i, 1M, 05 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN M View Post
Glad to see I'm not alone

Remember...we are supposed to be the hardcore BMW M enthusiast vanguard that's been crying for the rawer, unsynthetic driving experience that BMW has slowly but surely been drifting away from....let's not send them the wrong signal when they try to give us what we've been asking for all along!!!
Reminds me of the exhaust on my 05 Mini Cooper S, mine pops and crackles when I lift off the throttle (which I love) but so many people complained Mini removed that sound from subsequent model years.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #28
SUBIMMER
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2004 cobb STI/ AW 1M comming s

Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way guys, but everytime I hear someone complain and going on and on about "exhaust drone" on their 1M it is painfully obvious to me that BMW did not build the 1M for you....

Just saying....
So true. The 1M sounds perfect to me. Comming from a modded subaru , the difference is immeasurable. People who hear a drone most probably come from owning a extremely silent car imho.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #29
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way guys, but everytime I hear someone complain and going on and on about "exhaust drone" on their 1M it is painfully obvious to me that BMW did not build the 1M for you....

Just saying....
Well, it is painfully obvious that you do not understand the difference between drone and exhaust noise. When the sound frequencies of the exhaust and engine match, a drone will occur. I understand BMW M was pressed for time in putting the 1M together and they probably didn't have time to fully R&D the exhaust. I have spent time in various exotic cars that spend tons of money trying to get the perfect sound/performance with their exhausts. Drone is not a characteristic that is desirable. The first aftermarket company to develop an exhaust that tunes out the drone that is found on the OE system will sell a ton of units, just saying...

Quote:
Remember...we are supposed to be the hardcore BMW M enthusiast vanguard ......
Oh brother, give me a break! I don't think you have to pretend you enjoy a booming drone to prove your "hardcore".
      11-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #30
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Fellas we are going off on a tangent here and I can sense it's gonna get ugly. Let's not spoil the thread...I think the subject at hand is very subjective. I personally enjoy my car's exhaust note all over the powerband, whether cruising, accelerating, whatever, but that doesn't mean that some of you may find it "drony".
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #31
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Fellas we are going off on a tangent here and I can sense it's gonna get ugly. Let's not spoil the thread...I think the subject at hand is very subjective. I personally enjoy my car's exhaust note all over the powerband, whether cruising, accelerating, whatever, but that doesn't mean that some of you may find it "drony".
I agree, but when I asked for feedback and comparison of drone with the OEM system I started getting flack for even asking. It's a totally legitimate question.
      11-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Well, it is painfully obvious that you do not understand the difference between drone and exhaust noise. When the sound frequencies of the exhaust and engine match, a drone will occur. I understand BMW M was pressed for time in putting the 1M together and they probably didn't have time to fully R&D the exhaust. I have spent time in various exotic cars that spend tons of money trying to get the perfect sound/performance with their exhausts. Drone is not a characteristic that is desirable. The first aftermarket company to develop an exhaust that tunes out the drone that is found on the OE system will sell a ton of units, just saying...

Oh brother, give me a break! I don't think you have to pretend you enjoy a booming drone to prove your "hardcore".
The defensive nature of your response puzzled me so I re-read the thread and noticed that I ended my post with "just saying" right after you had just ended yours with the same "just saying" so I can see why you would look at my post as an attack on your post but I assure you that it was a complete coincidence and was in no way a "dig" at you.

I don't find the exhaust note "drony" at all...others might. Let's agree to disagree

Oh...and yes....love that Eisenmann
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #33
Texas F1
1M Owner
Rep
Drives: Lotus Evora 410, BMW 1M, Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997tt View Post
Are you still happy with the Eisenmann? I've looked at several options on the market and this seems to be the best quality for the money. Does anyone know if there are any Black Friday specials on this system??
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #34
davett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Huracan,'11 1M, '10 GT-R

Garage List
2010 Nissan GT-R  [8.40]
2008 M3  [0.00]
2009 Carrera 4S  [0.00]
2007 Porsche  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas F1 View Post
Are you still happy with the Eisenmann? I've looked at several options on the market and this seems to be the best quality for the money. Does anyone know if there are any Black Friday specials on this system??
I've got about 250 miles on the exhaust and I really like the sound and very happy with the purchase.

'15 Huracan,
'14 Q5 TDI
'14 R8, '11 1 Series M,'10 Nissan GT-R,'10 GT3 , '09 911 turbo , '08 M3 sold
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #35
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Hey first of all congrats with your car with Eisenmann Auspuffanlage
You've said that you have the "Racing" system but with middamping section or with the soundtube ( without secondary damping )?
Thx
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #36
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Nice system looks great.
Appreciate 0