BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Smarshee
Rep
Drives: 1M

Service

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has taken their car in for the 1200 mile service in new jersey (preferably in northern nj) and had everything done correctly. If so, at what dealership and if they got the name of the service advisor and service tech who did the job. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
AM1N
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarshee View Post
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has taken their car in for the 1200 mile service in new jersey (preferably in northern nj) and had everything done correctly. If so, at what dealership and if they got the name of the service advisor and service tech who did the job. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated!
Tenafly did mine perfectly. No fluid mixups. I like them because its a relatively small dealership so they get everything done quickly, and usually have loaners available if you need one. Advisor is Bob Ryan, dont know the tech name though, but I could find out if your still interested.

hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Took mine to Freehold BMW, didn't have any problems there. Although I hear JMK BMW in Springfield is good too.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Smarshee
Rep

AM1N (tennafly bmw)

thank you guys so much for your responses. i would really appreciate if you could try to find out who the service tech guy was so i could request to use him as well so there is no mixup. i understand if you can't, but either way, thank you so much. also, just a few questions. did you get the +fm booster in your car? did you have to wait for the lt-5 or did they have it in stock? and lastly, did they charge you for the lt-5 service? thanks a lot. sorry so many questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
AM1N
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarshee View Post
thank you guys so much for your responses. i would really appreciate if you could try to find out who the service tech guy was so i could request to use him as well so there is no mixup. i understand if you can't, but either way, thank you so much. also, just a few questions. did you get the +fm booster in your car? did you have to wait for the lt-5 or did they have it in stock? and lastly, did they charge you for the lt-5 service? thanks a lot. sorry so many questions.
I'll try and find out the name of the tech for you. As far as the diff fluid, they put in the one with the FM booster at my request. As far as the transmission fluid, it's not a requirement for the 1200 mile service in the U.S. If you wanna do it, you should either do it yourself or consult the service department to see if they have lt-5 in stock. I did not get my transmission fluid touched
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Smarshee
Rep

AM1N thanks for all your time and help.
Appreciate 0