10-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #331
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post

If I were you I'd definitely get the square setup for the track. With 8 tracks all within about a 4 hr drive, you're gonna need a dedicated set of track tires

Welcome to Dallas!!

Eagles Canyon - in town
MSR-Cresson - in town
Texas World Speedway - 2-3 hours
Harris Hill - 3 hours
Circuit of the Americas - 3 hours
MSR-Houston - 4 hours
Hallett - 4 hours

dang.. what's the 8th track?

I don't really count Texas Motor Speedway... so few actual HPDE events there.. but I guess that could be it.

Hmmm.. my 1M has been on all of those but COTA (pending!) and MSR Houston...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-31-2012 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #332
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

You need to do MSRH...it's a fun track!

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Meisterschaft, N55 mids, AFE CAI, ER Charge, Wagner IC
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #333
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime View Post
You need to do MSRH...it's a fun track!
I've been there... just not with the 1M. MSR-H rates as a *meh*

it is better than Harris hill.. I think.... But for the same 4 hr drive.. Hallet is SO much more fun.. perhaps I should go try MSRH again sometime.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #334
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
But for the same 4 hr drive.. Hallet is SO much more fun..
I agree with you on Hallett. It was a great track and I am ready to go back, however, with CAMBER next time.

MSRH has a few corners that I love so it keeps its fun for me.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #335
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Eagles Canyon - in town
MSR-Cresson - in town
Texas World Speedway - 2-3 hours
Harris Hill - 3 hours
Circuit of the Americas - 3 hours
MSR-Houston - 4 hours
Hallett - 4 hours

dang.. what's the 8th track?

I don't really count Texas Motor Speedway... so few actual HPDE events there.. but I guess that could be it.

Hmmm.. my 1M has been on all of those but COTA (pending!) and MSR Houston...
Yup TMS You're right there aren't as many HPDE type events there but I've been on it 3 (or is it 4?)times so there are definitely opportunities. It's a decent track, nothing special though. The banked oval is crazy fast but ultimately a little boring once the novelty wears off. The infield is just ok. Turn one is a hoot as your going from 110+ down to about 50 for a down hill 150 deg turn. That's the only real memorable turn on the track for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #336
mojo_78613
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowceta View Post
I just wanted to pass along a huge thanks to all those involved with hosting and working the Texas Two-Step this past weekend. This was my first time out at MSR and on the track in my 1M. My instructor, Brian, did a fantastic job in teaching me both what the car was capable of as well as helping me find my abilities. I think my first thing I am looking at for the 1M is a better seatbelt
Was nice meeting you Jeff. You did awesome for a novice student, sorry you couldn't make it back on Sunday. Make sure you DO come back out to the track. Best place to explore the car's limits.

Like p66 said above the best trick is to move the seat back and inch or two from where you normally sit, yank on the belt to make it lock and then slide the seat forward. Great trick for cars with power seats, can be done with manual seats, but is a little trickier.
I had a lot of there too... Thanks Brian, Mark, and all the organizers.... I was driving the VO 1M with Remus exhaust on Saturday... Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #337
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

Who has the VO at Texas Track Works in FTW getting ohlins and arka exhaust?

Mine is parked right next to it getting a track inspection and Meisterschaft put on.

I'd love to hear your and see it completed but I think I'll be done before your car is ready.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #338
Yellowceta
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
That is mine. I'm killing the last few minutes before leaving work to go pick it up, so I will probably see you up there. To say the least, I couldn't sleep last night and the day has passed by so slow....
2011 1M - VO Florida pick up 11/4/11 #554 of 740 - Sold
2017 ATS-V Stock
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #339
urbanstorm
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

I was born just outside Dallas, but I live in Newfoundland, Canada now with my VO 1M. It's the only one in the province so I'm told.

I will be in the Dallas area from March 5th, on to around the 30th. I'd love to meet fellow owners, maybe at an event.

Let me know if there is anything going on around that time.

Thanks
Robert
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #340
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

LOL...my exhaust went on much easier than yours! it is loud as hell too. I might have to pull the berk mid off and put the OEM mid back on to quiet it down a little and relieve some of the drown. But under WOT, it sounds great!!! My neighbors are going to HATE me in the mornings when i start up to go to work LOL.

When I left they hadn't even started putting the actual exhaust on yours. They had just finish running the control wiring. I'm taken it back next week or the week after to get Vorshlag camber plates put on as well as fluid flushes. These guys do good work. I just wish they were closer to dallas.

Forest took a lot of pics of our cars so I am sure he will post them on their Facebook page sooner or later.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #341
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanstorm View Post
I was born just outside Dallas, but I live in Newfoundland, Canada now with my VO 1M. It's the only one in the province so I'm told.

I will be in the Dallas area from March 5th, on to around the 30th. I'd love to meet fellow owners, maybe at an event.

Thanks
Robert
Too bad you are not here the first Saturday and you could do Cars and Coffee.
There is a event at the end of the month with the drivers edge at motorsports ranch (MSR) outside of fort worth but it is almost full already. apex is running the 1.3 course at MSR on March 9. It may sound short but it is challenging with a lot of elevation changes. I am thinking about doing it and for a 1 day event you get a ton of time on the track. It will wear you out. The porsche clue is also doing an event the same weekend at Eagles Canyon Raceway about an hour outside of dallas. So you do have options for some track events.

Have a save trip down.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #342
Yellowceta
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
I've got my akra paired with a Maddad mid and I'm still wanting more exhaust note at the mid and top of the rpm range. I can see catless dp's in the future, but not that near. The wireless option is what sold it for me. My wife doesn't like the loud exhaust, but I can't get enough of it. The wireless is the perfect compromise

And yes, the guys at TexasTrackWorks do excellent work. I'm fortunate to work 20 minutes from them. I am sold on where to get my car worked on.
2017 ATS-V Stock
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #343
BrianB496
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1 ///M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime
LOL...my exhaust went on much easier than yours! it is loud as hell too. I might have to pull the berk mid off and put the OEM mid back on to quiet it down a little and relieve some of the drown. But under WOT, it sounds great!!! My neighbors are going to HATE me in the mornings when i start up to go to work LOL.

When I left they hadn't even started putting the actual exhaust on yours. They had just finish running the control wiring. I'm taken it back next week or the week after to get Vorshlag camber plates put on as well as fluid flushes. These guys do good work. I just wish they were closer to dallas.

Forest took a lot of pics of our cars so I am sure he will post them on their Facebook page sooner or later.
Pm me if you want to sell the berk mid pipe.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #344
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime View Post

Be sure to have AJ work on your alignment. Before he moved on to TTT, he was our local Miata alignment guru. Great kid, too!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #345
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

AJ was the one who put on the exhaust 🎶

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #346
Yellowceta
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Yep, AJ not installed the exhaust, but he also did the post coilover alignment. Good thing too, it was toed out in the front by over 1 degree. He then proceeded to wrap my old exhaust components for me and place them on the trunk. It's service and attitude like this that will keep my business, not product offering or pricing.
2017 ATS-V Stock
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #347
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanstorm View Post

Thanks
Robert
[QUOTE=Mnime]

Too bad you are not here the first Saturday and you could do Cars and Coffee.

[/QUOTE=Mnime]

First Saturday in march is grand AM at COTA. A spectator event of course but if you are going to extend your travel here a few days and have rental wheels in the meantime would be a nice side trip.

Quote:

There is a event at the end of the month with the drivers edge at motorsports ranch (MSR) outside of fort worth but it is almost full already. apex is running the 1.3 course at MSR on March 9. It may sound short but it is challenging with a lot of elevation changes. I am thinking about doing it and for a 1 day event you get a ton of time on the track. It will wear you out. The porsche clue is also doing an event the same weekend at Eagles Canyon Raceway about an hour outside of dallas. So you do have options for some track events.

Have a save trip down.

If you do bring the 1M all. the way down a members day at ECR is an option as would be an autocross or just meeting for a beer and dinner.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #348
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have my ticket to Grand AM... in the "special" BMW section too
What about anyone else?

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #349
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

I had a good weekend at MSRH with TDE. My first time to go CCW on this track and my first "wet" event even though I only did one session while wet. Cut out early to get back to Dallas at a reasonable hour. My best time was a 1:53, which had it not rained would have dropped at least a couple seconds. I see several area's where I could have shaved some time. I ran this session with the MDM on too (1/2 setting whatever that is called). You can hear it actually hear it kicking in when I am trying to put the power down coming out of some of the corners.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #350
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
I had a good weekend at MSRH with TDE. My first time to go CCW on this track and my first "wet" event even though I only did one session while wet. Cut out early to get back to Dallas at a reasonable hour. My best time was a 1:53, which had it not rained would have dropped at least a couple seconds. I see several area's where I could have shaved some time. I ran this session with the MDM on too (1/2 setting whatever that is called). You can hear it actually hear it kicking in when I am trying to put the power down coming out of some of the corners.

I prefer CCW. Originally it was the primary direction and then at some point it was switched due to issues with pit in and also due to fears of people hitting the wall on the front pit straight.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #351
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep

I don't know which direction I prefer. CCW makes the carosel really fun and you get a great run into diamonds edge which is an easier corner CCW to me. I was never worried about the wall going CW but CCW did worry me some. I like going through the launch CW better than CCW. I may just be bias as I have done CW several times but this was my first CCW. Still its a fun track.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #352
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

Great driving. Can't wait to get out, doing a 1 day event in angleton this Saturday!
Appreciate 0