BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Slek Hood Installed by LTMW

Done yesterday, haven't had any time to wash it all - still a dirty car.

Need to get holes drilled in for the window washers.

Passenger side is slightly higher than the driver's side and needs to be adjusted.

Customer service at LTMW was great. One of the hoses was left off, found out on my drive home as I didn't have the power I should have and the blow off wasn't blowing off. Reconnected it with no problem. Other odd bits left in the engine bay. A disconnected electrical interface, and the two plastic bushings that are on the stock hood. A bit surprised about that given LTMW's reputation, but I would still go back to them as their service was great.

The installer really took his time, made sure the cuts were straight and made it look clean.

The pins could've gone in the way Aerocatch recommends, the narrow end at the front, but as was shown/explained to me, additional material would have to be cut out to get it to do so. Not sure what negative (if any) impact having the fat end forward has.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-27-2016 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
AB M2C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Hockenheim Silver

Wow that looks good. Fitment looks perfect. Notice any blemishes in the weave?
Sold -- 2005 E46 M3 MT
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Very dope

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
You should be able to adjust the height on the right side with the good latch and aero catch height.

Sucks they didn't re assemble properly. Ltmw has been pretty hit or miss with a lot of my friends. They make some impressive show cars and have great marketing and presence but up close some of their stuff isn't as nice as it looks in pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #5
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneKid View Post
I haven't noticed any, but I'm not combing over it with a magnifying glass. There is some white crust/residue on some of the edges, but it scrapes off with a fingernail so I'm not worried about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
You should be able to adjust the height on the right side with the good latch and aero catch height.

Sucks they didn't re assemble properly. Ltmw has been pretty hit or miss with a lot of my friends. They make some impressive show cars and have great marketing and presence but up close some of their stuff isn't as nice as it looks in pics.
I think the height shouldn't be too hard to adjust. If I wasn't OCD about it, it wouldn't even be a thing. This pic shows the gap a bit better than those night shots. Unless you're looking for it, it might go completely un-noticed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy about LTMW. The price was great, and I think the installer really did take his time with it to make sure everything came out as best as possible. I'm still not sure why it couldn't have gone narrow side at the front, but I'm not worried about it. I looked at the cut underneath, and it's kind of a square cut that looks like it could've worked out for the narrow side to the front.

As for the stuff under the hood; I mean just driving away it was easy to tell something was off. I was about to bring it back, but I also wanted to pop the pins myself. It was easy to see a hose was not connected, that fixed that. Looking around, I noticed the washer nozzles weren't done, and the few bits were sitting there. Not hard to take care of - and LTMW got me in on a week notice; on a SATURDAY.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneKid View Post
That's not perfect. I think it's hit or miss even with the same brand. Like the front on Einser's revozport hood looked off, but later ones look perfect. There's a guy on here with the Seibon hood that looks spot on, and mine looks like dogshit (disclaimer, I got mine for a killer price)

This one is not that bad, but for Slek money you should demand perfection.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #7
AB M2C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Hockenheim Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
That's not perfect. I think it's hit or miss even with the same brand. Like the front on Einser's revozport hood looked off, but later ones look perfect. There's a guy on here with the Seibon hood that looks spot on, and mine looks like dogshit (disclaimer, I got mine for a killer price)

This one is not that bad, but for Slek money you should demand perfection.
Ya I guess looking closer its not quite there, especially that last picture he posted. But maybe some readjustment of the fenders could clear that one up. Maybe.
Sold -- 2005 E46 M3 MT
Appreciate 0