BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

08-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #23
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

You'll have copies of anything you signed. What were the documents titled?

You can always refuse delivery of the car for a number of reasons. You didn't want a 328 and they can't force you to buy it.

If they want to tow it that's their problem. They own the car and can do whatever they want with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #24
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

I sure have not taken delivery, seen the keys, or seen the car after the test drive long before I did any paperwork with them

what other reasons to refuse delivery if it comes to that ?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #25
yourfriend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i

what i'm confused about is why the 328 is too much money but a 135 isn't...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #26
Slay0r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 E92 ///M,13 535i

tru^

thats why we're #1-ers..lol
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #27
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfriend View Post
That's all you're confused with? There are a lot of things here that just don't add up though I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #28
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfriend View Post
this car is 56,000 $

I dont think 135's are nearly that

I did notice on this form I signed, in bold,
Quote:
amount due at delivery
here's hoping that really means what it says, because I sure wont take delivery
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #29
Slay0r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 E92 ///M,13 535i

dam, thats almost an M3
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #30
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

How the hell did they get a 328 to 56,000 dollars?
      08-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #31
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nnabe View Post
Your sales guy will not care for your intentions once you sign on the dotted line and once your signature is on it, it becomes a legal contract to purchase the car.

Lesson here is salesmen are very shady, avoid ANY paperwork unless you are dead set on buying the car and never assume your salesman knows your intentions.

However, I wish you good luck in resolving your situation.
That's very true, im a car salesman and sadly that's how we are..

I'm actually a very kind hearted guy but sometimes we push you hard enough to make you buy the car and if you ever notice we always have a lot of paperwork bc usually one of the sheets is the contract lol I only do it because thats the way I get paid and thats how all the highest SA get 100,000 a yr..

But just so you know.. every car dealership usually has a return time period allowing you to return the purchased vehicle with the keys and cancel the contract.. and if you had a trade in theyll give it back to you.. if they havent charged the credit card the 1000 yet it sometimes takes them a while but as soon as they do you know your contracted.. you said they processed all the paper work they are unable to until you signed the contract so im assuming you did.. if that's the case like lib said you should have copies of everything you signed so read them all carefully... but either way.. there shouldnt be a problem with you getting out of the contract, if they want to tow let them do so it's their car anyway bc your getting out of the contract plus theyre gona have to refund you the 1000 that theyre going to charged your credit card and theyll have to refund you the towing fees if they actually have the nerve to charge you that to.

And if your going to buy the 135i i suggest you pick a different salesman.. one that you can explain exactly what your looking for and what you want to do.. and one more thing.. im hoping your putting 1000 as an order fee (which also goes as a downpayment) but for every thousand you put down it only reduces the monthly bill by about 20 dollars or so...

I hope you get things situated!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #32
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES45 View Post
How the hell did they get a 328 to 56,000 dollars?
convertibles are not cheap, it's got modest options, but no nav
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #33
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_TT View Post
That's very true, im a car salesman and sadly that's how we are..

I'm actually a very kind hearted guy but sometimes we push you hard enough to make you buy the car and if you ever notice we always have a lot of paperwork bc usually one of the sheets is the contract lol I only do it because thats the way I get paid and thats how all the highest SA get 100,000 a yr..

But just so you know.. every car dealership usually has a return time period allowing you to return the purchased vehicle with the keys and cancel the contract.. and if you had a trade in theyll give it back to you.. if they havent charged the credit card the 1000 yet it sometimes takes them a while but as soon as they do you know your contracted.. you said they processed all the paper work they are unable to until you signed the contract so im assuming you did.. if that's the case like lib said you should have copies of everything you signed so read them all carefully... but either way.. there shouldnt be a problem with you getting out of the contract, if they want to tow let them do so it's their car anyway bc your getting out of the contract plus theyre gona have to refund you the 1000 that theyre going to charged your credit card and theyll have to refund you the towing fees if they actually have the nerve to charge you that to.

And if your going to buy the 135i i suggest you pick a different salesman.. one that you can explain exactly what your looking for and what you want to do.. and one more thing.. im hoping your putting 1000 as an order fee (which also goes as a downpayment) but for every thousand you put down it only reduces the monthly bill by about 20 dollars or so...

I hope you get things situated!
not only did am I working with another salesman, it's at another dealer and they are fully aware of the situation

in fact, they have the mini in their shop right now

also the 1000 $ they initially asked for is no where on any of the paperwork, I believe that was with the trade in documentation which I left there as we decided not to do the deal, it's not on the bill of sale that states the final price due on delivery

also as a side note, this paperwork says my first payment was due yesterday, I would assume if it was really a done deal, bmw financial would have sent me something by now
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #34
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega View Post
convertibles are not cheap, it's got modest options, but no nav

'got all the gizmo "mods" on it. I will take it. Tell the dealer they can charge my credit card for 1K. LOL.
      08-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #35
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
good I wasnt sure if there was a different dealership in ur city, but yea im glad u went to a different dealer that actually understands you and the situation! im glad your out of the contract then!

so what did you decide on getting afterall? a 328 or 135i?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #36
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

we decided on a 135i we decided the day we looked at the 328, I knew I would not be happy without those twin turbo's

I am sure they will try to strong arm me into taking this car "you signed the paper", but I have no intention of ever setting foot into that dealer again, and I'm sticking by "no delivery nothing due" the paperwork I have says due on delivery in bold

the sad thing is, I had nothing but high hopes for that dealer, and I've never had a problem like this before with them, the folks on the mini side are great, and I've been buying parts from them for years
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #37
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Nice pick on the 135i =)
Those Twin-Turbos are something! ha

Just tell them you dont want anything to do with the car or them or the dealership and the contract is off and be sure they cancel that contract with them... theyll prbly try n throw something in like a dvd player or sumthn but their customer service obviously sucks so i wouldnt even buy from them from the sounds of it..

its sometimes like that though with dealers, things change, but it may have somethn will car brand name from what it seems at that dealership??
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #38
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice pick on the 135i =)
Those Twin-Turbos are something! ha

Just tell them you dont want anything to do with the car or them or the dealership and the contract is off and be sure they cancel that contract with them... theyll prbly try n throw something in like a dvd player or sumthn but their customer service obviously sucks so i wouldnt even buy from them from the sounds of it..

its sometimes like that though with dealers, things change, but it may have somethn will car brand name from what it seems at that dealership??
Is this a legal advice?, last time i check only a lawyer or a paralegal could do this. Are you a lawyer?
      08-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #39
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Nice pick on the 135i =)
... theyll prbly try n throw something in like a dvd player or sumthn but their customer service obviously sucks so i wouldnt even buy from them from the sounds of it..

I wouldnt say "obviously". If you read my prior post I mentioned that I had absolutely no problem out of them and everyone was friendly and answered all of my questions and addressed any problem I had. I have 15-20 emails between myself and the CA about everything from price to getting my sideskirts painted and I never had any problems. They even gave me a discount on all my performance parts when I pointed out that Dan was selling the stuff at a discount.....dont know where the problem came in with Mega and his CA.
1. We dont know what paper he signed.
2. We dont know who the CA was.
3. We dont know what was discussed.

Everything here is just conjecture and hearsay at the moment.:iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #40
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh my, i wasnt reading the whole thread- my mistake for asking, 135i_TT is a car salesman and not a lawyer. Be careful in giving those advises man!!
      08-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #41
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
no, im not a lawyer "yet" only going to college to become one..
but no its not legal advice, im basing that off hoping they have a return time period where you can return the car and keys and get out of the contract like the dealership i work at.. and my apologies adrean.. the problem probably came from the CA and partially from the Finance Dept since there wasnt clarity or questions answered not the other Assosiates or anyone else..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #42
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep

Garage List
yea its alrite man, i had posted the previous post stating im not a lawyer while u posted the last post apologizing. but yea im ok with giving the advice.. im in the safe zone lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #43
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

So I did all the paperwork on a 328 at bmw south atlanta, the salesman KNEW I could not buy it at that price, 2 weeks ago

Quite frankly the guy lost me on the first line of his post.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #44
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

+1
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread